Chapter 1 | Rookwood Wins

Third Person Perspective

June
1891

Ominis Gaunt's fingers drummed over the chestnut wooden table. If you focused enough on the seventeen year old, you would notice the nervous trembling that came with the tapping from the hidden chaos.

Scotland's weather in summer wasn't hot enough to make Ominis sweat this much. The sweat came from the worry he was trying to hide.

Not worried for her. Never for her. Ominis would tell himself. The worry was from his best friend, Sebastian Sallow. The outcomes of this battle were limited. There was so much happening already.

Sobbing. Small sobs vibrated through Ominis ears. He wanted to ignore them, but he didn't blame the circumstances right now. It was too much to handle.

"Anne," Ominis turned his face to the side, his hearing sense advancing from the movement, "I apologize for Solomon, but we already decided to not turn Sebastian in. The least luck we have is what your brother decided to do right now."

His voice was almost given in a harsh tone. Maybe, he just couldn't believe that Sebastian would try to join Y/n in that intense battle. Was he stupid or something?

Ominis knew that Y/n could destroy the enemy.

Unfortunately, that was the lightest and hardest compliment he can give to the Ravenclaw girl, only in his head, of course. He'll never tell her that — he almost denied it, but when it came to the safety of his best friend, for once, he didn't underestimate Y/n's power.

"It's not that," Anne sniffed, her weak hands wrapping around her cursed body, "T-This is Victor R-Rookwood, Ominis. What if...what if he curses them too and—"

"Rookwood would not curse them, Anne." Ominis sighed.

He wasn't tired or annoyed by Anne Sallow, but if there were any other places to be than Feldcroft, at this exact moment, it would be Hogwarts, where the news would've spread in a quick matter.

But he obeyed Sebastian Sallow's words. Did he want to? No, but Sebastian had freshly killed his own uncle and left his twin sister to go and defend the new, well, she was no longer new anymore, fifth year. Ominis had to stay with Anne.

"I don't think Y/n is capable of letting Victor Rookwood curse her, let alone, hurt Sebastian. They spent all bloody fifth year together." Ominis said under his breath.

And Ominis Gaunt spent all bloody fifth year fighting Y/n Y/l/n. He is surprised himself that he didn't curse her before Victor Rookwood ever could. Could've done him a favor, really.