Chapter 17 | The Truce-No Truce

"I'd do whatever I could do,I'd run away and hide with you," The Neighborhood 

I'd run away and hide with you,"
The Neighborhood 

Y/n's Perspective

The morning light filtered through the darkness of my sleep the next morning. I'll assume it was the next morning due to the chirps of birds that echoed around the tall trees above; they were melodic, but also a warning.

My eyes struggled to open at the sight. The sun was bright, but the lack of sleep wasn't so bright. I was barely able to function with a breath as I kept hearing the sounds more clearly.

The birdsongs above turned into a mixture of distant sounds that began to get closer from the dozens of trees that surrounded; if my hearing was correct, we were getting approached.

"Ay, I believe they led this way,"

A tense breath flew out of me at the realization, and as the voices came seemingly, I attempted to sit up from the tree behind me.

"Agh," I winced, the sour pain from my wounded wrist burning at the strength and making me sit back down.

My arm lifted, the matte black cloth that was wrapped around me from last night still tied perfectly to prevent any blood from dripping.

But it was painful. I wanted to lift my wand and try every healing spell there was, but time became a privilege in moments like these.

The voices grew closer and I panicked, watching a few shadows trace around the trees yards away.

I squinted, wincing out another groan as I made my body jump up and let my back rest flatly over the tree, ignoring the pain.

"Ominis,"

"Hush."

The voice of Ominis Gaunt behind me came sharp and close.

I predicted he had already been awake before me and as I circled the trunk, I saw him standing up and awake over that tree.

"I hear voices—"

"Shut up, and stay put,"

I gasped a little, feeling Ominis arm slam my body against that tree again. If it were for him, he would've squeezed me into those branches from the way he took the grab.

"I remind you, we are bounded with protective spells in this space. They cannot see us," Ominis whispered, "But they can hear us, so stay put and don't move a muscle until they observe and leave."

The tone was harsh, but it was directed. I stood in place, not wanting to even breathe in the directions, and swallowed as dark wizards approached closer.