Chapter 10 | The Reunion 2

"In my dark time,I'll be going back to the street,"The Weeknd & Ed Sheeran

"In my dark time,
I'll be going back to the street,"
The Weeknd & Ed Sheeran

Third Person Perspective

Ominis Gaunt stood near the edge of a forest. The journey had been a long one, but he was now close to his destination.

He stood dehydrated and tired, almost falling to his knees after a day trip journey to reach the small town in England where his legacy laid.

The Gaunts had always been a secure and secretive family, and Ominis knew that even getting inside their premises was no easy feat.

He could hear a few muted words, spoken just loudly from acres away, loud enough to catch, but hard to make out. The crickets in the forest blended with the chatter afar.

"It's starting soon," Ominis whispered to himself, lifting his wand and walking further now in slow motion to scan his surroundings.

Ominis knew the way out of the forest by heart now. When he was a child, and his wand wasn't yet made for him, he would often get lost, leaving the Gaunt property and finding himself here. He knew the shortcut to the exit, and he would often use it to escape the scrutiny of his family.

So now, with his wand in hand and his mission ahead of him, he followed the path he remembered from his childhood and made way towards the premises. There, he could already hear the chattering regarding the Masquerade Ball.

Ominis wand scanned the nearby guests, trying to determine the attire of the gathering.

It was a Masquerade Ball, so everyone in attendance should be wearing a mask. They would also likely wear elaborate costumes, making it difficult to identify who was underneath the mask.

"Perfect," Ominis said to himself, still hidden in between the shadows of the trees, "I need a bloody mask..."

Now he just needed a way to get himself one of those masks. He could wait around until a guest left the ball, but that could take hours. If he wanted to get inside as soon as possible, he needed a mask on his face sooner rather than later.

Ominis extended his hand, feeling the presence of the guards and host around the manor, who were protecting the area from a distance.

In seconds Ominis hid behind a tree as he heard a guard come walking over the grass below. He could hear the sound of the dark wizard whistling to himself, and a cigar lighting up.

Ominis ducked lower, trying to stay out of sight.

"Petrificus Totalus," Ominis whispered, feeling the heat of magic blow out his wand.