Chapter 4 | The Training

Y/n's Perspective

Y/n's Perspective

My head leaned hesitantly against the hard cold window inside the bedroom that night. It was a rainy night and as the droplets of rain hit heavily, making some sort of sound from this soundless space, my head spent its time working.

I didn't know how long I sat there. After the intimidating dinner with the dark family and being punctured with horrid information that I lost track of mid-eating, it was impossible to see sleep at all.

There was no fight anymore. I cared more about the embarrassment I could cause myself by attempting to escape through this secured manor of dark wizards than to lose my dignity from the failing. It was too soon for a plan.

"Ouch," I whispered, looking down at my injected left wrist.

It was a long night. After the same house elf, Gobry, was summoned to guide me back to my bedroom on the left wing of the home and disapparate, I fought my own wrist for hours.

I attempted everything. And I mean everything. I tried the basics of grabbing a sharp object, which was a wooden stick I ripped from the bed frame and cut myself deep. The wound opened, but the unusual chip stayed. I was only left with a bloody mess and a cured wound.

I tried slamming it against the wall, hoping that in some sort of way, the flickering blue hue would move from my wrist into other parts of my body. It stayed there.

Lastly, it was my ancient magic itself. It was painful, just like the first time, but it was no use. I kept trying, ignoring my own pain and groans from the burning sensation of combining my own magic with the blockage device, but it would leave a bruise each time.

When 5AM hit and the sun was rising slowly from the horizon, the tiredness was kicking in. I watched as the light of dawn crept over the estate, letting my eye map the outdoor home.

It was too many acres. I couldn't even see an attempt of escaping and hiding anywhere. If I were more awake, I could've seen the gates of the Gaunt home be miles away. It was going to be hard.

And then, my eyes closed. It felt like two seconds and one blink. Only one blink.

Pop.

When my eyes reopened from that blink, the sun was now shining brightly over my eyes, making it difficult to focus and waking me up.

I hated these periods of sleep. The ones where you slept, but didn't dream. I think I might've lost all that opportunity after that traumatizing battles.

"Master has ordered Mippy to bring Miss Y/n breakfast." Mippy let out.

I hop off the window area and adjusted my stance, looking down as the house elf flicked over her fingers toward the edge of the bed and enchanted a breakfast tray.