Chapter 10 | The Reunion

Y/n's Perspective

Y/n's Perspective

"Y-agh!" I breathed, feeling my knees slide onto the marble floor as I took a hit on the opponent.

The sweat in my hands slid along on that floor as I heard a chuckle escape from the enemy. His shoes clicked near me as my chest rose in and out.

"Up, up, we're almost done." Marvolo curled a chuckled, his boot kicking over my elbow, "Don't make me call over the Dugbog again."

I was exhausted. I've been training for what felt like forever. I basically lived in the training arena and we were nearing the fourth ball. I was tired, and my body ached from the exertion.

Yes, the fourth Masquerade ball. They have all been successful, but I haven't within. I didn't know the calendar date anymore. I sometimes didn't know myself or my power anymore. I felt like a puppet. Like a weapon.

"I'll prefer it better than you!" I stood up, stretching my muscles and trying to shake the stiffness as I pointed my want at Marvolo Gaunt.

The ancient magic coursed thoroughly in my skin, into my wand as I aimed it aimed it to Marvolo.

As I closed my eyes to finally defeat the Gaunt member, just when the blue lighting was going to touch Marvolo Gaunt's chest, it disappeared and I winced in pain as it was turned off within me.

The magic never touched the precious Marvolo Gaunt. He was the only heir — of course, getting injured wasn't part of the battle. Even if I was close to defeating him, they would call it before I could end him. It was annoying.

I could hear a distant clap, Alford Gaunt's sinister expression applauding over another successful performance.

"I see your magical abilities are rising," Alford revealed, a note of pride in his arrogant voice, "And so is the Gaunt reputation."

I felt my face flush with a mixture of embarrassment from the praise. I didn't want to take it, but I was succeeding in the task. I should've appreciated it after the last three balls.

"You sure is the magic? Perhaps, with a structure like that..." Marvolo flirted, stepping forward and bowing at me.

I stepped back in annoyance, curling my fist from the unnecessary comment, and ignored the cockiness of Marvolo Gaunt.

"Correct. I believe from such phenomenal performances, for tonight's ball....you get to pick the enemy you'll fight and have dinner with the guest in the ball." Alford Gaunt offered with a smile.

"How amazing." I snarled with sarcasm.

"It could be any beasts, enemy...your call, Miss Y/l/n." Alford raised his fingers, the rings on his hand clicking through the protective barrier between us.