25

: *・゚:*:・゚*25: Play The Game To Win

: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*25: Play The Game To Win

—: *・゚:*:・゚*:—

~The next day, school went on as it always did for Kenma.

Really boring.

He barely pays attention in class and somehow manages to pass.

The last thing he heard his teacher say before he tuned everything out what the someone was going to be added to their class for the remainder of the school year.

He tuned back in when his teacher began to talk about a science project.

"Miyawaki, Why don't you come on in?" Their teacher called.

Everyone's eyes averted to the door as it slid open. Even Kenma looked up to see. His eyes slightly widened,

it was the girl who left love notes in his locker and confessed to him a few days ago.

As she made her way to the teacher, Kenma could hear the boys behind him saying how hot she was.

Once she stood straight in front of the class, the two locked eyes and she winked at him.

"Why don't you introduce yourself?"

The girl smiled as she bowed, "I'm Miyawaki Nini. I'm pleased to be working with all of you for the rest of the year!"

Their teacher smiled, "We're happy to have you! Since you're new, why don't you pick your partner for this project? I want you to make a friend and be comfortable. Since everyone else has already got a chance to get close, I'm gonna assign their partners so take your pick!"

Miyawaki already knew who she was gonna choose but she played it nice by pretending to scan the room.

Once her eyes met with Kenmas again, she smiled, "Him."

"Alright! Kozume, I'm gonna ask that you please at least try to talk to her. He's a bit shy Miyawaki. I'm also going to dismiss you both to the library to begin research! The rest of us will catch up to you both in a few! Once everyone's there, I'll go into a little more details about this project."

Kenma gathered his things and slowly stood up from his seat.

As the two walked out of the class, she wrapped her arm around his.

He took it off.

And she just wrapped it again.

He sighed.

They made it to the library and he chose to sit in the most open area. He was a little scared to be alone with this girl to be honest.

He stared at the table as she had her chin rested on the palm of her hand. He could just feel her staring at him.

"Miyazaki I'm-"

"You can call me Nini. I'll call you Kenma." She said with a smile.

His nose scrunched a bit, "Right.. Uh, Nini, I already told you I have a girlfriend. And I don't intend on breaking up with her anytime soon. Or at all. Maybe you should just drop this adoration towards me." He told her, avoiding eye contact.

Nini hummed a bit, "You like playing games, right Kenma?"

"What does that have to do with anything?"

She intertwined her fingers with his, "Well I like playing games too. And this game will be my favorite. Besides, I like playing games to win. Otherwise, what's the point in playing?"

The setter sighed again as he removed his hand from hers. He wasn't going to win this conversation.

"We're going to be spending quite some time together Kenma. I would say try not to fall in love with me but I'd love it if you did." Nini whispered to him.

He looked at her and could basically see the hearts in her eyes.

He felt a little bad but he had to show to he was not on the market. At all.

"Yeah well, my girlfriend wouldn't like that but since she already has all my love that won't be a problem for us."

She laughed, "Youre funny. So, what if this girlfriend wasn't in the picture. Would you consider me?"

This girl was asking questions he really didn't want to answer.

He shrugged, "Doesn't matter cause she is in the picture. And I love nothing but her so.."

"You know, I respect how loyal you are towards her. It's really cute. That's gonna be my favorite thing about our future relationship."

"Your confidence is kinda freaking me out."

"Good. It should. I'm determined. I'm here to win the game, remember."

"What game is that exactly?"

She moved her chair closer to his and place her head on his shoulder, "The game of love, silly. Me versus Y/N. The prize, you. Duh!"

He scooted away, "Y/N already won."

"The battle. Not the war. And I'm gonna go all out. Just you wait."

And this was exactly why he had a bad feelings about this.

Not wanting to engage with her anymore, he stayed quiet.

Finally, the rest of the class finally came and the teacher gave them all the information they needed for this project.

Unlucky for him, it was a take home project so they weren't going to have class time to work on this. This pretty much forced him to willingly hand his number over to Nini which she was over the moon about.

He was certainly going to hate the rest of the day.

Or at least hate it until he saw his girlfriend again.

—: *・゚:*:・゚*:—