~𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄~

𑁍-''-𐦍40: Familiar Face

𑁍-'♡'-𐦍40: Familiar Face

𑁍-''-𐦍

2 Years Later

~Not being in high school anymore was certainly a weird transition Y/N and Kenma both dealt with the second they graduated.

Not only did they not speak to each other anymore, Kenma also had a feeling that they would never see each other anymore.

Thanks a lot universe.

As for Kuroo, he and Y/N still did occasionally speak with each other, maybe even go out for a friendly lunch if they had time.

She liked to ask Kuroo how Kenma was doing and what he's up to these days. Kuroo always told her to reach out and ask herself but when she refuses, he'd tell her.

For now in her life, she's just focusing on her work. She decided not to go to college since she felt like school was not for her anymore. She didn't want to deal with homework and stupid teachers anymore. The office she works at does tend to get a bit busy so she's grateful it keeps her working on something so she's never bored.

On her break, she went to the small coffee shop that's across the street. It was her favorite place to be. It had such a friendly and calming environment, so she loved it.

After the barista handed her the usual latte she always got, Y/N turned around and noticed someone she's never seen come to this place. He looked exhausted as he was clicking away on his laptop.

The face itself looked familiar.

Someone she hadn't seen since she graduated.

She walked up to this familiar person with a smile on her face,

"Kenma?"

He looked up and his eyes widened once he saw who said his name, "Y/N.."

He quickly stood up.

A small laugh escaped her lips, "You grew a bit. So did your hair. Am I allowed to hug you?"

"Huh? Oh yeah."

She smiled again and wrapped her arms around his neck, his around her waist.

His eyes wandered around a bit before he closed them, holding her a bit tighter.

It was clear how much he missed her.

She could feel how fast his heart was beating.

Y/N let go of him and pointed to the chair across from his seat, "Can I sit with you?"

"Sure."

The two sat down and he just kept staring at her.

There was no way this was happening.

Though it's been a few years since they last interacted, he was still so in love with her.

"Whatcha workin on?" She asked him.

"Just editing a video."

"Hmm, can I have a sneak peak?"

He shrugged, "I guess."

Kenma turned his laptop around and showed her what he had done so far. It wasn't anything special but for someone like her, who knows nothing about editing, she seemed to like it a lot.

"So, how'd you find out about this place Kenma?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, i'm here all the time and i've never seen you."

He turned his laptop back around, "I felt stressed being at home while editing this so I just search up some coffee places near me and this was the first one that popped up. I recently moved so I wasn't really sure how close the closest one was."

"Ah..."

For the remainder of her break, she began to talk to him about anything that came up. He would respond to things he didn't understand or thought were weird. Sometimes his confusion made her laugh.

She didn't really realize how much she had also missed him till right now.

The alarm on her phone went off and she frowned, "Ah shit. I've gotta get back to work."

"Oh? Where do you work?"

She pointed at the building across the street, "There. Thanks for letting me hang with you Kenma. This felt very healing to me. And um.."

He looked at her as a soft blush spread across her face, making him confused.

"Is your number still the same?" She asked, "It'd be really nice to see you again."

"Yeah, it's still the same. But, are you still with what's his face?"

"Who? Oh Takeru? No I broke up with him like right after graduation."

Kenma pressed his lips in a thin line and nodded, "Right. Yeah, my number is still the same."

"Cool! I'll be sure to use it then. See you later, Kenma."

"Bye.."

She gave him one last smile before leaving completely. He watched as she left, making sure she got across the street to her work safely.

A deep breathe escaped his lips.

Their connection that he thought was gone was still obviously there.

It's not like Y/N stopped moving Kenma.

She just needed some time apart.

In the end, the time apart was a good thing.

This was fate bringing them back together.

The universe giving him a sign.

Thanks a lot, universe.

𑁍-''-𐦍

THE END.
except not rly cause this story is getting a bonus chapter.
hope you all enjoyed cause this book is 2 fucking years old and it's finally done.
this is what happens when i procrastinate.
ANYWHO,
as always, don't forget to check out my other book, they're as trashy as this one :)
bye bye!