38

𑁍-''-𐦍38: How Much Longer

𑁍-'♡'-𐦍38: How Much Longer

𑁍-''-𐦍

A Couple Weeks Later

~ "Kuroo!" Y/N chimed as she found the two boys, "Youre graduating soon! Are you excited!?"

Kuroo laughed, "I guess? Are you excited about being a 3rd year?"

"Duh! That just means i have to endure one last year before I get to leave this place too! What about you, Kenma? Are you excited?"

The setter shrugged while keeping his focus on his game, "It's just gonna be the same thing as it always is. Just without Kuroo bothering me all day."

"Kenma, you're so mean.." Kuroo sighed, "After everything I've done for you, you're gonna treat me like this?"

"Yes. And I should also add that I'm not a good pick for team captain next year. So don't even think about it."

"Oh trust me, you weren't even in the top 3."

Y/N laughed at the two boys bickering.

She knew for sure she was going to miss Kuroo when he left.

And who knows what going to happen between her and Kenma once he does.

They may be in good terms but if not for having Kuroo as a common friend, who knows if they still would've continued to hang out.

They do text here and there but it's most just her sending him videos of things that remind her of him and him replying with a thumbs up.

Antisocial behavior.

She couldn't lie, she did miss hearing Kenma tell her that he loved her. It always made her feel good no matter how mad she was at him. But she knew that she wouldn't hear it again until they talked about what was going to happen with the two of them.

So for right now, they kinda just stare at each other until one looks away. Awkward.

While Kuroo was babbling on about the college he was going to, Y/N just watched Kenma play his game.

"Oh Y/N!" The volleyball captain suddenly chimed, "Are we still going to get bubble tea after school?"

"If you want. But you're paying!"

He groaned and Kenma looked at them, "You should know better than anyone to not let a girl pay for herself Kuroo."

"See! Kenma gets it! Thanks Kenma." She told him with a smile.

Kuroo rose an eyebrow, "Now hold on, I would get it if it was a girl I was trying to impress or something. I could give 2 shits about Y/N."

Her jaw dropped, "Youre so mean! I've been nothing but nice to you ever since we met."

"No you haven't! Maybe at first yeah but the second Kenma rubbed off on you, it was over for me. Insults coming in every second! Let me breathe damn!"

The two began arguing and Kenmas eyebrow began to twitch for how loud they were being.

He pauses his game and suddenly grabbed Y/N's hand, "Can we keep the volume down please!? I'm trying to concentrate."

Her eyes shifted to his hand grabbed hers, making her face turn red.

Kuroo let out a small laugh and Kenma became confused, "What?"

The bleached haired boy looked down at their hands and quickly took his away, a small blush appearing on his face, "Sorry. Old habit."

Her face softened and she smiled before grabbing his hand again, intertwining her fingers with his, "It's okay, i don't mind."

Kuroos nose scrunched as he stood up, "Yeah okay, I'm gonna go to class now. I don't need to be a third wheel for people who aren't even dating! Bye."

And he quickly walked away.

Kenma looked at Y/N who was still smiling at him. He quickly averted his eyes away, "Uh, as much as I'd like to stay holding your hand, my game is on pause so..."

"Oo, sorry."

She let go and once both his hands were on his phone, he pressed play.

She continued to watch him play until he either leveled up, or died.

"Y/N, how much longer do we have to stay friends?" He suddenly said.

"Huh.."

"You said we should be friends for a little while right? It's been weeks. How much longer do I have to wait?"

"Uh.." Her voice trailed off. How she even supposed to answer this, "Maybe a little longer? I can see things are getting better but I just wanna be sure. Certain. So certain that I'll propose to you on the spot. Yeah?"

His eyes rolled before he smiled, "Youre weird as hell. But fine. I'll wait as long as you need me to."

𑁍-''-𐦍