X. where it all starts

you won't see it coming

________________________________

After the hybrid unwillingly drove her to the rosseaus she walked in and immediately sat down in front of the counter from the bar. The guy from behind the counter looked at her and raised his brow at her young face.

„I'm not interested in alcohol, Can I have a strawberry lemonade with ice please?" the bartender whose name was Hayden nodded and walked around to find a Glas to pur it in.

He found it and after a good 30 seconds she had her drink in front of her. She nodded thankfully and began drinking from the pink straw.

Suddenly a presence sat down in the place on her left as she turned her head towards it bored.

She firstly thought that it was Klaus who was trying to annoy her but she saw someone else. It was rafe, a guy she met at the masquerade a few moments before disaster.

________________________________

The Mikaelson and the Sinclair were standing at the bar for drinks. Rebekah turned around to order more and Lia waited happily.

A few moments laters someone pumped into her, she turned around to see a guy she hasn't met before. „I'm so sorry I didn't mean to." the guy apologised.

„It's alright." Lia smiled at the guy in front of her. The awkward tension was clearly there and to ease it he once again spoke up.

„I'm Rafe."

Since the guy called Rafe introduced himself the Sinclair decided to do the same.

„I'm Lia it's nice to meet you, Rafe."

„The pleasure is all mine." he responded before stretching his hand out for her to shake. She placed hers in his gently and smiled politely.

After what felt like hours Rebekah returned with the drinks and stopped in her tracks when she saw the Sinclair talking with a guy.

„Am I interrupting something?"

„No you're not Bekah."

„No, I was just leaving anyway, have a great evening both of you." With that he left the two woman behind. The older whistled while the younger rolled her eyes.

________________________________

„Rafe, it's nice to see you again." she told him before sipping on the yellow straw.

„And it's also nice to see you again, Lia." he told her while staring at her. She felt a bit uncomfortable by his stare so she played with one of the rings on her finger.

„So how was your day?"

„Pretty shitty. What about yours?"

The conversation between the two lasted longer than a few hours. It was pretty late as Lia received a text on her phone.