XVI. The truth

one thing about them tables, they always turn

they always turn.

________________________________

The campfire was wild, hundreds of villagers dancing to it, all masked and clothed.

The prettiest of them danced alone, all of the men were staring at her in lust wanting nothing more than to marry her and make her have their children.

A marriage was unable, her age being the reasoning. She was seventeen and her mother and father were waiting for her to turn eighteen but her age didn't mean that they weren't looking.

She was getting all to much attention which even caused a doppelgänger to feel such thing as jealousy.

Everyone wanted to either be with her or be her. A brown pair of eyes stared at her with adoration and so did a pair of blue green eyes.

Both of them were obsessed with her, two brothers and fate decided to push them apart bringing the prettiest girl to their town.

Niklaus the younger of the two approached her dancing, his gaze didn't leave her, it mostly trailed up and down her body.

He shyly tapped her shoulder not knowing what to expect, he only talked to her a few times when Mikael wasn't around.

He'd beat him and say that he never ever closely had a chance. Elijah had, in Mikael's opinion.

But he was way way older than her, he was 25 at Niklaus was 21.

But that didn't matter did it?

For Mikael it didn't but for her parents it did.

The other reasons for Mikael thinking that Niklaus didn't stand a chance were only because he didn't know how to fight, to hunt and most of all how to care of someone like her correctly.

Elijah was perfect for her, in mikaels mind but his opinion didn't seem to matter. Her parents were pretty much wanting her to get with someone who was her age or close to it.

Niklaus called himself happy, not only because he was closer but because she turned around and instantly smiled at him. „Hey." he mumbled as she returned it with her voice made out of honey.

„Hi." she sheepishly mumbled and looked at the ground blushing. The elder men were now drinking their drinks and no one payed attention to them other than Elijah.

„You look pretty tonight."

„So you think I don't always look pretty?"

„No, no. You look absolutely gorgeous every day."

She grinned as he tried to fix his mistake thinking that it had upset her. When he began rambling throwing apologies and more she reassured him.