Eight

"GET OUT OF MY FUCKING WAY PINK YOSHI!" Jeongin screams and throws a red shell at the computer-operated race. "Baby, Felix will be here soon." Chan warns the omega, but he knows he won't listen.

"You told me that he likes video games. He can play with me while you make dinner." Chan sighs and closes his eyes, mentally praying that his mate and best friend will get along. "Felix is very competitive. He threw his pc out his window when Han killed him in a game."

"So? I've destroyed a lot of Seungmin's tv screens. I'm surprised he's still friends with me." Jeongin shrugs his shoulders like it's no big deal. "Did he make you pay for them?"

"No, I offered to, but Seungmin insisted on not taking my money. He said something about Minho having deep pockets." Chan nods knowing that Minho is one of the best dancers in the world. He's performed on every continent and he even got to perform in Los Angelos for a special event. Minho got an offer to dance in North Korea once in front of the Supreme Leader, but he politely declined.

"CHAN YOU MADE ME LOSE!" Chan rolls his eyes. "You got second place."

"Second place is the first loser!" At least Chan knows where Jeongin gets his competitiveness from. When he met his parents, Jeongin's dad said those same words to Jeongin quite a few times. "Honey, it's a game. Your life isn't ruined because you got second place in Mario Kart."

The doorbell rings and saves Jeongin from an emotional conversation. Chan has always told him that getting second isn't a bad thing, but it's hard to erase everything he was taught growing up. Chan opens the door to reveal Felix. Jeongin sees their mouths moving, but he's too lost in thought to hear what they're saying.

"Hey, you're the boy from the bookstore!" Jeongin tunes back into reality and focuses his eyes on the other omega when he realizes Felix is talking to him. He smiles and bows his head slightly. "Hello, I didn't get to introduce myself last time. I'm Chan's mate, Jeongin."

"I'm Felix, just Felix." Jeongin senses the awkward atmosphere that he helped create and hands Felix a controller. "I'm sorry, for being standoffish, would you like to play Mario Kart?"

"Sure, but I've gotta warn you, I'm very competitive." Jeongin chuckles. "So I've heard. Chan told me that you threw your pc through a window."

Felix blushes from embarrassment and coughs. "I'm still paying for that stupid window." He mumbles.

"WHY DID YOU PICK IGGY? HE LOOKS HIGH!!" Jeongin laughs at Felix's choice. "HE'S MISUNDERSTOOD, LEAVE HIM ALONE!"

"You sound like every girl who's like "I can change him!"

"WELL, WHY'D YOU CHOOSE WARIO AND HIS FUNKY MUSTACHE?" Felix asks trying to find some way to change the subject. "He's the fastest one in the game."

The course was picked randomly by the game and it turns out to be Rainbow Road. 

"SHIT, I ALWAYS FALL OFF!" The pink-haired omega shouts when his character descends down into space. Eventually, the two are on their final lap and Jeongin is in first with Felix not that far behind. With the finish line in sight, Felix throws a red shell and watches it hit Jeongin. "OH, YOU BITCH!"

Felix beams at Jeongin when he crosses the finish line, winning the game. "If you had a banana peel or shell you could've blocked it." Felix tells Jeongin, giving him a tip. 

Jeongin looks as if he is about to attack the other omega, but before he could, Chan yells out that dinner is ready. Felix quickly scampers away to the table and sits down. Jeongin follows him and enters the dining room with a smile on his face as if he didn't almost pounce on Felix a moment ago.

'Manipulative bitch.' Felix thinks and tenses his jaw and puts on his own fake smile. Jeongin notices Felix's behavior and frowns. He's mad at himself for always sending the wrong signals. He sits next to the brunet and sighs when his muscles tense. "Felix, not many people can beat me the first time they play against me. I know that I am a sore loser and I'm sorry for the bad first impression."

Chan sits down in the chair next to Jeongin and across from Felix. He squeezes Jeongin's thigh in reassurance and gives him an approving smile. "Jeongin was raised in a very competitive family; he was constantly compared to other people. He has a hard time accepting that he isn't the best at everything."

Felix nods starting to feel guilty for judging the younger earlier. "It's okay, we all have problems caused by how we're raised."

Chan breaks the ice by filling his plate and telling a funny story to lighten up the mood. It isn't long before Jeongin and Felix start to talk to each other on their own and exchange jokes.

As the night comes to a close, Chan has a look of satisfaction and success on his face knowing that his best friend and mate finally became friends.

What's your favorite hair color for each member?

Here's mine:

Chan - Dark brown and dirty blond

Minho - Purple

Changbin - Black

Hyunjin - Red and black 

Han - Black

Felix - Silver/grey

Seungmin - The dark blond/light brown hair he has right now, and his dyed bangs from Maxident

Jeongin - Pink

I am a firm believer in purple Minho supremacy 😤

If you're still here, please vote!

I didn't really like this chapter, but I needed Felix and Jeongin to become friends somehow, and now Jeongin can play Cupid (☆▽☆)

Elena is slytherin away to wreck her nonexistent sleep schedule even more!