Twenty-six

If you liked any of the book ideas I had in 'voting for books' please consider following me so you get notified when I publish the story. I guarantee you that I'm going to forget to comment on the vote you left when I release the book. I don't really care about my follower count, I just want you guys to know when the book you're interested in comes out.

Please vote!

The next morning Felix quickly steals Seungmin's car after leaving a note that says he'll bring it back after work. The Aussie drives as fast as he can, without getting into an accident, over to his house and changes into clean clothes before making sure he looks somewhat decent.

On his way out the door, Felix sees his coffee mug full of lollipops and takes one as he leaves. He puts the sucker into the same pocket that has the note to Hyunjin which he took from the bag and slipped into his pocket before leaving his mates' house.

After driving a few kilometers and almost hitting someone, (oops) Felix finally arrives at the bookstore. He stares at it and practically feels the note in his pocket burn his skin. The same note that is his official goodbye to Hyunjin. If this is his final farewell, does he really want to work at a place where he will still see Hyunjin and work for Changin who is the said male's mate? In a way that can mean that he works for Hyunjin too. Felix feels his stomach churn at the thought of working for his ex who used and cheated on him. It makes him feel disgusted with himself for even accepting Changbin's offer when he asked him if he wanted the job.

Today is the day Felix finally gets the courage to leave the humble bookstore that has kept him in a small cage of his traumatic past for these last few years. Felix has never had enough money for college, but if he talks to Minho and Seungmin about it he could get a degree in dancing. Dancing is his passion, it's the only thing that kept him sane after his social life fell apart in high school. Dancing is his safe place, and now he might have the chance to do what he loves in life.

Felix takes a deep breath before opening the door and slowly making his way to the big doors that seem to get even bigger and more intimidating as he approaches them. Well, it's now or never. Felix opens one of the doors and walks to the back of the store to check in.

As usual, the store isn't that crowded, which isn't a surprise. On the bright side, it gives Felix plenty of time to write his two-week notice of resignation. The Aussie struggles to find the words to say in the letter, but at the end of his shift, he is finally happy with what he wrote.

With a bitter-sweet feeling and a small smile, Felix goes into Changbin's office and on his desk leaves the letter that's still warm from the printer. The Aussie pulls out the note to Hyunjin from his pocket and stares at it for a few moments before placing it on the desk as well with a sticky note saying it's for the said beta.

With a sigh, Felix closes up the bookstore, turns off the lights, and leaves to drive Seungmin's car back to his mates' house. When he gets to the house, Felix parks the car in the driveway and pulls out his phone before looking at it with tired eyes. The brunet taps on Changbin's contact and sends him a text.

The Mariana Trench 👹
I left my 2 week notice on your desk

Trash Bin 🗑
Your quitting?

Felix didn't expect Changbin to reply so quickly. He stares at the message for what feels like an eternity before he feels himself type out a response.

The Mariana Trench 👹
No, I left it there because I felt like it 🙄
Yes, I'm quitting.

Trash Bin 🗑
y