Chapter 12- Just answer

KAI POV

Everyone seemed to have the habit of running off just when I'm about to get somewhere with anything.

It felt like I was constantly alone but at the very same time as if I were being watched from every angle.

If anyone was going to tell me anything it would surely be Yeonjun. Though he may speak in a metaphorical way that's way beyond my understanding he's the one I've learnt the most from. He would most likely be on the roof. He never seems to be in his room.

I knocked on his door twice. Everyone here knocked twice when going to see Yeonjun, I'm not sure why but it must mean something.

No response

Normally if you knock on a door and there is no answer you leave but if Yeonjun was on the roof there was no way he would hear me.

I made my way to the roof ladder, poking me head up. Indeed was Yeonjun there, sitting with his back to me staring out over the surrounding forests and distant view of the main city. It was beautiful really. It's one of the only things around here that remains a comfort.

I just stood looking, wondering if I would be noticed. I think I remember saying we shouldn't come up here unless we're asked but I needed to speak to Yeonjun for more than one reason.

"I know you're there," Yeonjun said, smiling and turning around, a cigarette puffing in his mouth.

"I'm sorry to just turn up, it's just- ugh, I just need to talk to you" I sighed, sitting myself down beside him.

"Oh no darling don't be sorry, how could I be mad at you?" Yeonjun assured, putting his half smoked cigarette between my lips and lighting himself another.

I laughed a little, hesitantly allowing smoke to fill and leave my lungs.

"Hit me with it, what's going on, want me to kill someone?" Yeonjun asked, smiling playfully.

There was a falter in his tone. Genuine yet so...wrong.

"Somethings just wrong," I remarked, laying down as I let smoke puff from my mouth.

Yeonjun followed, laying down beside him swiftly, staring up at the sky.

"Beomgyu bothering you?" Yeonjun asked.

"How did you know?" I asked back, shooting back up to be sitting once again.

"Just a lucky guess, you want to know what happened to him don't you?" Yeonjun quickly accused.

"It just seems off. He can talk but doesn't? Why would you choose not to talk?" I asked. The whole situation just made no sense at all. He clearly has something stopping him from talking but what and...why?

"You are rather interesting darling, ever had a girlfriend?" Yeonjun queried, suddenly changing the topic far from what I was asking.

"Why doesn't Beomgyu talk?" I asked, ignoring his prior statement.

"Ignoring me I see, either way, that's for him to show you" Yeonjun answered, blowing a long puff of smoke out of his mouth.

"What is so secret about his voice for god's sake?! No one ever answers anything properly around here" I asked in frustration.

"Well, not everything always has an answer you know," Yeonjun remarked swiftly.

Yeonjun definitely knew why. If anyone here was going to know it would be him. He always seemed to know everything. Getting him to answer would be another thing. No one here is direct but Yeonjun is another level of mystery. There's only one idea I've got, a risky one but the only thing I've got.