Chapter 18- Every Body

AUTHOR POV

When Yeonjun returned to his car, Kai could instantly sense the change in his demeanour. He wasn't as happy as before, his face slightly fallen yet still so neutral in expression.

"I gave him your number" Yeonjun stated blankly as he began to drive away from the school, the sky beginning to darken and air beginning to frost the air outside.

"Thank you! You really didn't have to" Kai thanked, smiling at Yeonjun with contentment.

"No problem, now let's go" Yeonjun deadpanned, his voice no longer sounding as interesting and happy as before.

"Where are we going again?" Kai asked shyly, suddenly worried that he had somehow upset him.

It didn't make sense for Yeonjun to suddenly act this way, Kai had said nothing hurtful, nor anything that should have upset him. Maybe he had hurt him, maybe he said something that hurt his feelings or maybe crossed the line?

"We're going shopping for stuff back home, I don't know what sort of things you want or need so you need to show me so I can get them alone in the future" Yeonjun answered, his voice with no tones of emotion as if they were switched off.

"Oh...okay" Kai mumbled, hiding his mouth and nose in the collar of his coat and proceeded to go silent.

Yeonjun didn't speak either, his eyes staring towards the road ahead, not looking to the side once. It was an awkward drive and it was times like this that reminded Kai of why he wasn't quite sure about Yeonjun.

When they arrived the first place they went was to a drugstore. Body washes, plasters, bandages, toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, all the things you would expect for a casual stock-up on household necessities.

Paracetamol and Ibuprofen, always good to have.

A sewing kit with red thread. Oddly specific.

Cigarettes, not necessary but purchased.

"Anything else?" Yeonjun asked, the silence of the pair having finally ended upon the discussion of what products were needed.

Kai scanned the store, shook his head, and just like that, Yeonjun paid and swiftly walked to the next shop.

It was the first that Kai had even taken time to analyse Yeonjun but as Yeonjun walked ahead of him, Kai noted how he almost seemed to glide across the floor, his steps as if he were floating. His frame looked even taller and thinner, his long-sleeved baggy black shirt swamped his body, only his slim neck and hands visible and even so his hands appeared to curl into his sleeves.

By the time Kai caught up to Yeonjun he was in a clothes shop, staring through racks of clothes with those sickly sweet eyes of his, the void behind his face overwhelming his attempt to look natural.

"Why are we here?" Kai asked, noticing how Yeonjun only looked at coloured items with short sleeves which was far from anything Kai had ever seen.

"What else do you want to get?" Yeonjun asked, sternly avoiding Kai's eyes.

"I'm hungry," Kai responded quietly.

Yeonjun's face lifted as his eyes met with Kai's, a smile appearing as if a switch was flicked.

"Then let's go, wherever you want my love" Yeonjun smiled, suddenly appearing pleased. It was as if his whole appearance was a facade, his silence and seeming annoyance turning into endearing nicknames and smiles beyond compare.

Kai ended up choosing a restaurant, the pair seated in the far corner most out of view of everyone else. Kai had his back to the rest of the restaurant, Yeonjun on the other hand could see the entirety of the place, his foxlike eyes scanning the room with no falter.