Chapter 13- Accident?

AUTHOR POV

It was late, everyone tucked in their rooms. Well, nearly everyone.

Yeonjun lay in his room staring at the ceiling. He almost never slept. He was always awake. Watching. Listening. Waiting. 

Why sleep when he could think? Why sleep if he didn’t have to? There was too much to think about anyway. The past. The present. The future.

There was a sudden tap on his window, the pace of the night disturbed subtly.

Yeonjun knew exactly what it was. Not a leaf, not the wind and most definitely a human. 

He rushed over to the window, his hands twitching in anger.

The window slid open quickly, the face of Taehyun appearing beside. Only Taehyun would scale the building from his room to get to Yeonjun.

“Just what do you think you're doing?” Yeonjun snarled.

Taehyun looked at him shamefully and swung himself through the window, now standing in front of the evidently annoyed figure of Yeonjun towering over him. Taehyun quite often used to challenge Yeonjun but it slowly died down as Yeonjun became…well…nastier.

Taehyun was smart, he knew how to avoid trouble. He had seen enough to know what to and what not to do. 

“You already broke his phone?” Taehyun asked bluntly, avoiding eye contact.

Correct. This was a pattern for Yeonjun. He had done it three times before. Well, three times that you need to know about, any other time is simply…irrelevant.

To Beomgyu

To Soobin

To Taehyun

“Last time I checked what I did to someone else didn't involve you” Yeonjun retorted, gripping his hands around his long sleeves to keep himself from hitting the boy in front of him.

“It's all happening so much faster than it did to everyone else. Everyone here, you broke their phone, gave them a new one you tampered with and eventually when it’s too late they find out. Should I tell Kai that you’ll be tracking him, looking at everything he does?” Taehyun threatened quietly, tears welling in his unblinking eyes.

“And that's the key point, when it’s too late they find out” Yeonjun huffed in irritants. Taehyun always tested his patience.

“You already have the three of us, why another?” Taehyun asked.

“You three weren't the first, remember and you were all simply practise subjects. Kai was my aim one way or another” Yeonjun snarled.

“What the hell did he do that was so special to you? He didn't even know who you were when he first arrived” Taehyun snapped harshly.

“Listen, you may think you've seen everything and know the ins and outs of my life but this is something that is my concern and if you keep trying to get involved I'll make sure you never see anything again. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?” Yeonjun yelled.

The shout would have been loud enough to wake anyone but that would have only applied if Yeonjun’s walls weren't sound proofed. Everyone else's, oh no, only his. He knew he was prone to shouting in there. Why raise suspicion when it wasn’t needed?

Taehyun’s once confident demeanour vanished as soon as the yelling began. Taehyun did not like yelling. His frame began to shrink into itself, becoming small and pitiful in a sense as Yeonjun stared down on him as if he were nothing worth more than an ant.

Below the surface- YeonKaiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें