Chapter 17- I am his and he is mine

AUTHOR POV

Why wouldn't he make it to the bus you may ask? Why would that not happen?

Well, just outside the school gates sat a familiar car. A black car. Yeonjun's car.

Kai recalled agreeing to meet him at home. Why was he here?

"Yeonjun?" Kai said to himself, a puzzled look painted across his face.

Yeosang turned to him. Head tilted and eyes confused.

"What?" Yeosang questioned cautiously. He was new to Kai, he didn't want to overstep his boundaries. He liked having Kai as a friend, he wouldn't want to destroy it on day one.

"He's one of my housemates but he said we weren't seeing each other until I got home. He didn't tell me he was coming here" Kai answered, approaching Yeonjun's car.

"Kai, how was your first day?" Yeonjun smiled enthusiastically, his pointy teeth just about showing as his eyes scrunched.

"It was nice to get a fresh start, I even made a friend" Kai responded, trying to match Yeonjun's emotional appearance.

He didn't want to be mean in front of Yeosang. If he was, maybe Yeosang would decide that he didn't like him and leave him all alone.

"Oh? And who's that" Yeonjun asked, eyes slightly narrowed as his face fell.

Needless to say, Kai was perplexed by his reaction. Surely, he should have been happy that Kai had found friends and started to fit in. Maybe not even happy but at least not seemingly annoyed by it.

"This is Yeosang. Yeosang this is Yeonjun" Kai introduced with a small smile.

"It's nice to meet you," Yeosang said shyly. It was almost like he sensed something was happening that wasn't quite right but at the same time, to anyone else, it could have simply been Yeosang's shy personality towards new people.

"Likewise" Yeonjun smiled before letting his face fall as he looked away briefly.

"Kai come and join me, I need to do some errands for the house and I need your help with what you like" Yeonjun smiled, his tone lifting more than before.

Hesitantly, Kai surrendered his plans of going home with Yeosang and smiled at him one last time before shutting himself into Yeonjun's car, a sulking expression plastering his face.

"Why such a frowny face darling, was it not a good day? I can send you to another school if you want. Is it the people? The subjects?" Yeonjun hassled, not giving Kai a moment

"No no, it's fine here. I just thought I'd get to go home with my new friend, that's all. I haven't had a friend in a while Jun" Kai mumbled, a hint of sadness cracking through his voice.

Initially, all Yeonjun could focus on was how Kai addressed him. 'Jun', it just had that ring to it. The ring that Yeonjun loved, his ears pricking up with attention, a smile fighting to appear. But then suddenly it was time to think quickly. He didn't want Kai to feel down.

"Did you give him your number?" Yeonjun asked wittily, thinking quickly on his feet like he always did.

"FUCK, I didn't, he's like halfway gone now. I'll just give it to him tomorrow" Kai sighed, slumping into his seat.

But Yeonjun wasn't taking that as an option. Kai WOULD be happy.

Before Kai could utter another word Yeonjun had jumped out of his seat and was halfway down the road.

"Yeosang! YEOSANG" Yeonjun yelled, the boy stopping promptly upon the second calling of his name.

"Yes, oh, Yeonjun?" Yeosang asked, confused. It didn't make sense as to why he would want to talk to him.

"Was Kai alright today?" Yeonjun questioned suddenly.

"Oh yeah, he was fine, a little nervous at first but mostly alright" Yeosang explained, smiling as best as he could despite the odd feeling that Yeonjun gave him.

"I'm glad, it seems my boyfriend made a good friend out of you," Yeonjun remarked, his smile sickeningly sweet as he spoke.

Yeosang's eyes widened for a split second before returning to neutral, shaking his head slightly.

"Oh, sorry, did you not know?" Yeonjun said almost mockingly.

"No I didn't but I'm glad he has someone looking out for him, it seems like he's had some tough experiences in life with his sister disappearing and the drug addiction. I'm glad he's doing better" Yeosang smiled.

While Yeonjun smiled on the outside as he nodded, inside his head was in a fit of rage. Was he no more important to Kai than the 6-hour friendship he had formed with Yeosang?

"Oh yeah, here's his number, he wanted you to have it," Yeonjun said through gritted teeth and a feigned smile.

"Oh thank you, I totally forgot to ask for it. Shoot, I've got to run, I can't be late for my tutoring session, bye Yeonjun" Yeosang waved as he quickly faded into the distance of the street.

As Yeonjun walked away he could feel his head twisting and turning. It took him days to get Kai to open up to him remotely and Yeosang had heard more than him in a singular school day.

Kai would like Yeonjun more

All Yeonjun had to do was exactly as he did to the others

But why get into the specifics of all that? What's it to you? You'll watch over and over again how everyone falls for it and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Kai was Yeonjun's

Yeonjun was Kai's

Kai would LOVE Yeonjun MORE

A/N

What a nightmare, SAVE YEOSANG

Votes and comments are always appreciated :)

Love you all from the bottom of my heart and stay safe <3

~ Author C