Chapter 5- Left forgotten forever

AUTHOR POV

The next few days were the same as the days before. Yeonjun would go out to work, Soobin would 'lie' and disappear and then come back, Beomgyu stayed quiet and Taehyun remained the most senseful.

Kai still didn't know how to read them. He had gotten past being scared of them, well, almost.

Yeonjun, the one whom Kai felt closest to, also felt the furthest away.

Everytime Yeonjun spoke to him it felt as if he were slowly picking at him, finding out more and more while keeping himself the same mystery as always.

There was a soft knock at Kai's door, Soobin entering a few seconds later.

Kai still had a weird perception of him. Lying or not he just didn't know what to make of him.

"Yeonjun wants you on the roof" Soobin mumbled, sounding both tired and let down as he turned to leave.

"This place has a rooftop?" Kai asked in response, Stopping Soobin from walking away as quickly as he wanted to.

"It isn't common knowledge," Soobin remarked blankly.

"Oh..." Kai mumbled quietly.

Soobin's eyes quickly lit up as he ran to sit on Kai's bed beside him.

"Do you trust me?" Soobin asked quickly and quietly.

Kai thought about his answer for a second, no answer he could give would seem friendly.

"I don't know who to trust around here," Kai remarked honestly.

"Whether you believe me or not, I care about you a lot, I don't want to see you become one of us alright?" Soobin whispered.

"One of you?" Kai asked, intrigued by his manner of talking. Soobin scared him, there was no doubt about that. They all did if he was being honest but Soobin was just that little more terrifying.

"I can probably be heard. Don't let him hear me Kai...don't let him hear me" Soobin repeated as if he were programmed to do so. His eyes teared up, face reddening as he spoke.

"Who is he? Yeonjun?" Kai asked quickly.

"Not him" Soobin whispered shakily.

"Then wh-" Kai was cut off immediately.

"You cannot know, I will not tell you. Go upstairs before Yeonjun yells at me please" Soobin instructed as he stood up to leave.

"Who will tell me then? Who in this place is so scary that you all act like you do?" Kai asked in a raised voice.

He wasn't angry, more irritated. He wanted to know why everyone acted so strangely but no matter how much they spoke he was left with nothing.

Soobin did not respond to what he was asked, instead he grabbed Kai by the wrist and dragged him into Yeonjun's empty room.

He opened his wardrobe and pushed all the clothes to the side, a ladder appearing against the dark wood.

"What the fuck" Kai whispered.

"Up there" Soobin stated before leaving, closing Yeonjun's door behind him with no further explanation.

"Show up at a house to live a simple life and end up like this" Kai mumbled as he climbed the ladder hesitantly, watching the floor disappear below him as his head emerged into the light of the outside, cold winter air hitting his pale skin.

Yeonjun sat on the edge of the roof, back turned to Kai, looking out at the emptiness of the world around them. It was a truly isolated place just outside of nowhere.

"Darling...you made it" Yeobjun smiled as he turned around.

Kai was startled by his suddenness.

"Um, yeah, why on earth is there a ladder in your wardrobe that leads up here?" Kai asked as Yeonjun approached him.

Yeonjun placed his index finger over Kai's lips to shush him and smiled.

"Some things are best left forgotten forever," Yeonjun smiled, drifting back off to the edge of the roof with a swift step.

"Well I have some questions for you" Kai explained, serious in tone as he followed Yeonjun to the roofside.

"Questions? For me?" Yeonjun asked, taking a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and pulling his sleeves firmly down to keep himself fully covered as always.

"Yes you" Kai snapped back.

"Sit down my love, we'll be here for a while" Yeonjun said as he opened his hand to an open space for Kai to sit.

Hesitantly, Kai sat down. He knew if he wanted any sort of answer from any of the freaks in this house it would be from Yeonjun but to do that all he has to do is put up with him.

"Cigarette" Yeonjun offered, holding one out to the other, a glint of mischief in his eye.

"I-"

A/N

I wrote this half asleep but thats just my standard at this point. I hope you all enjoyed this short chapter!

Votes and comments are always appreciated :)

Lots of love <3

~Author C