Chapter 1- No time for introductions

AUTHOR POV

Run

Kai stood in silence, not knowing what to say. Without hearing him he couldn't respond properly but telling him he didn't hear him could make him think he was ignoring him.

Overthinking was something Kai was always good at. Something shaped by his past and irreversible for his future. It was simply his nature.

“What’s your name?” one of them asked abruptly.

He had ashy grey hair and deep brown eyes that stared forward profusely, almost unblinking.

Kai stood in confusion. The question in itself was simple but in Kai’s mess of thought he froze. Silent and still. 

“WHAT'S YOUR NAME?” Another asked, this time yelling.

He was scarier than the first. He was tall with black hair that fell over his eyes and a tone of voice strong enough to make you wince. It seemed as if he were stressed or perhaps just naturally loud?

It was noticeable that one didn't talk, his slightly grown out black hair and small frame hiding behind the others in the darkness as if he never existed.

“Kai, why?“ Kai finally answered in confusion.

“Last name?” The first whispered nervously, his voice barely coming out his hands began to shake.

“Huening“ Kai responded as quietly as he could. With the way they went silent it only felt right for him to follow.

The three looked at eachother, eyes wide and somewhat worried looking. The silent boy looked the most frightened, his already pale face becoming paler as if he had seen a ghost.

Kai was unsettled to say the least. He was exhausted. It was late. Everything going on was too much.

“Is there something wrong? Who are you all?” Kai asked, disturbed by their nature.

“There is no time for introductions” the ash haired male said urgently.

“But-” Kai started but got cut off immediately by the tallest.

“You need to get far away, you need to go now. This is not a place for someone like you, not near him” the grey haired exclaimed hurriedly as he looked behind him.

The way they all looked around almost implied paranoia, well, to Kai at least. Discomfort flooded Kai’s brain as his body began to urge him to get away.

Footsteps suddenly started to approach from inside the house, the three boys' faces falling as they felt someone else leaning over them.

A fourth had appeared behind them. It seemed he didn't notice Kai, his manor nasty as he spoke.

“Get back in here will you, you're really going to regret it this ti-” he scowled, grabbing the silent one harshly by the wrist.

His eyes suddenly locked with Kai’s, cutting himself off from the rest of his sentence.

“Huen- and you are?” he asked, cutting off his original sentence.

“Huening Kai, the new resident” Kai responded nervously, his head telling him to run every second he stared at the four infront of him.

“Yeonjun, pleased to meet you,” the boy, apparently named Yeonjun introduced as if nothing ever happened, hiis hand suddenly dropped to his side, the scowl on his face shifting into a smile.

Kai looked at him questioningly, unconsciously backing away slightly. Something about him was unsettling. He somehow looked at Kai as if he knew him.

Yeonjun had jet black hair and a thin frame. His eyes were sharp and piercing, his skin as pale as snow. Nearly every inch of his skin was covered, only his hands and face visible from the clothes that drowned him.