Chapter six

As I stood by the door, prepared to leave, he questioned me with a hint of doubt in his voice, "Are you seriously considering a second session?"

I paused for a moment, contemplating his words.

With a small smirk on my face, I glanced over my shoulder before responding, "Yes, and do let me know what I'm supposed to do now that you've won the challenge." Closing the door behind me, I walked away, the sound of my heels clicking against the marble floor echoing in the room.

During our first session, it was evident that he had a firm grasp of how to navigate, skilfully maintained a sense of structure and purpose all while balancing his objectives with my needs. He asked probing questions, ensuring that he obtained the information he needed, all while respecting my desire for privacy.

In the past, I had always been aware of the expectation to be open and honest with therapists, but I had never found it easy to open up so quickly to anyone before. The only person who had come close to understanding me so deeply was Dalhyun. He had a way of reading me like an open book and creating an atmosphere of safety and trust that allowed me to be more vulnerable with him and with myself.

Indeed, Atharva approached our sessions with a distinct professionalism. He focused on understanding and analyzing my thoughts and emotions from a therapeutic standpoint, rather than with personal interest. Unlike Dalhyun, who had a deep personal connection with me, Atharva relied on his learned techniques and experiences to guide our sessions. It was clear that his approach was rooted in his professional expertise and training.

As per Atharva's instructions, we scheduled our sessions for one hour every Sunday morning. With today being Wednesday, I knew that I would be meeting Atharva again in a few days. It was also made clear that he would be the one reaching out to me from now on, as I had become his patient, no longer under the care of Siddharth.

I found myself impressed by the way Atharva reached out to me. It made me wonder if he and Siddharth had already discussed me prior to our meeting. As curious as I was about it, I hesitated to ask Siddharth directly. Perhaps it would be best to let the situation unfold naturally during my sessions with Atharva, allowing any relevant information to emerge in due time.

Atharva had assigned me a homework task, which involved depicting two contrasting emotions using colors and showing him the results in our next session. Surprisingly, I felt a sense of excitement for the upcoming session. It was the first time I had felt eager and motivated about a therapy assignment.

I retrieved my suitcase from the conveyor belt and placed it on the floor, extending the handle before making my way towards immigration

I retrieved my suitcase from the conveyor belt and placed it on the floor, extending the handle before making my way towards immigration. Having landed at Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi, India, at 11 am IST, I was finally here.

My company had informed XO about my visit to India, but they hadn't specified the exact date, so I assumed they would think I still had a few more days before arriving. My plan was to spend three days in Delhi and four days in Kolkata before flying to Mumbai to meet Shiya.

Furthermore, I wanted my Shiya, to accompany me and show me around India. Having her by my side would make the tour even more meaningful.

It took nearly an hour to clear immigration due to the long queue. Once outside the airport, I looked for the cab driver who had been arranged for me under the name Dali. Though the name seemed obvious, we couldn't come up with any other option.

After locating the right person, I greeted him, and he took me to the hotel in a Mercedes. I knew that my manager had arranged the best accommodations for me in Delhi, Kolkata, and Mumbai, so I felt relatively stress-free.

During the ride, I informed my team members about my safe arrival and received a call from Shiya's brother shortly after. "I have good news!" he exclaimed with joy. "I've finally found a good therapist for Shiya, and she likes him!"

"That's great news," I replied, offering a slight smile. I was genuinely happy to hear that Shiya had found a therapist she connected with and felt comfortable around.

"Yes, she just finished her first session, and the therapist immediately called me afterward. He seems to be providing a positive response, something we haven't experienced in a long time. I'm overjoyed."

I chuckled softly and asked, "What makes this therapist different?"

"He is actually my best friend," he revealed, causing me to sit up straighter in alarm. "Initially, I was hesitant about him being Shiya's therapist since he knows me personally. But he assured me that he wouldn't mix his profession with our personal matters."

"I see," I replied, though I couldn't shake off the unease I felt about the situation. I chose not to voice my concerns to Siddharth, knowing they were best friends.

"What surprised me the most was that Atharva himself approached me about finding a therapist for Shiya. Perhaps he recognized that she needed therapy based on his professional insights."

I couldn't help but feel a sense of unease grow stronger within me. This revelation about Atharva's involvement didn't sit well with me.

 This revelation about Atharva's involvement didn't sit well with me