Chapter sixteen

A/N
Since the last chapter was comparatively shorter here's one more to make it upto you guys!

And I would also like to inform that I would be updating two chapters at a time when one is smaller because I write my chapters according to the scenes and cliffhangers. So I can't control the word count

Love,
Subhi Saoirse ❤️

It had been a long time since I visited the temple, though this wasn't a Hindu temple it was the god's place

It had been a long time since I visited the temple, though this wasn't a Hindu temple it was the god's place. The church.

Cathedral of the Holy Name, a famous church in the south Bombay.

I never had walked in a church or a mosque before, because my mother was a big believer of religion. She respected all but didn't indulging in any other than Hinduism. Sure, she'd wish you on Eid or Christmas but if it came to celebration, it was strictly restricted to Hindu festivals.

What would she say if she saw me doing this?

Quietly I followed Atharva deeper into the Church, I had no idea where he was taking me but I knew I was safe, somehow my heart has came to a realisation that Atharva is becoming my safe space.

And I didn't know if I liked that.

Soon he was opening a door and stepped aside to let me enter while flashing me a gentle smile. I gulped, as I stood there and watched everyone turn towards us. I knew my fingers were playing with each other as I scanned every single person present. Total- fifteen— six standing, seven sitting in a circle.

"Atharva!" One of them exclaimed as an old man moved forward, his arms extended towards us. Fuck, don't come near me, don't hug me.

Luckily he didn't, as he moved passed me. I turned around watching both of them hug each other while patting the backs, men—typical men gesture.

After separating he approached me, extended his hand as I flinched a bit. Staring at his wrinkled old hand then at Atharva, he nodded trying to reassuring me.

I shook his hand as he introduced himself, "namaste, I am Rajesh Balakrishnan." My eyesbrows went up, a south Indian like I am.

I felt a smile creeping up on my face as I replied, "Vaṇakkam" (Namaste in Tamil)

His face lit up in joy as he shook my hand more vigorously which caused me to wince, just cause it happened to be my injured hand. Rajesh uncle immediately stopped, looking at my wrist with surprise then at Atharva.

Both of them held eye contact on my for few seconds as Rajesh Uncle turned back to me. "Welcome welcome, what's your name dear?"

I hesitated, not understanding of I should be telling my real name or not. So I decided to use my old stage name. "Dawn, Rajesh Uncle."

"Ah sunrise, the first ray of hope in one's name. A beautiful name." I forced a smile at the compliment.

Rajesh Uncle let's go of my hand as Atharva immediately appears by my side. "Well Dawn, welcome to the self group. I'm the founder of the group. And you're just on time, we're about to start."