✯ 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ✯

September, 1944

September, 1944

"𝐈 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 overreacting, it'll be fine!" Gabriela tried to reassure the hyperventilating witch. "Plus, girls always overthink the date way more than the guys."

"It's not a date!" Daisy snapped. "It's a tutoring session between two people who have not spoken to each other in 4 and a half years!"

"Maybe he's not as bad as he seems anymore," Anika spoke up, brushing the blonde's hair as a soothing gesture. "Maybe now, he's actually a very sweet guy who is just friends with the wrong people?"

"Or maybe he's still brooding in dark corners and plotting world domination," Gabriela quipped, then apologised as she realised she was not helping. 

Unfortunately, the next day had come, and Daisy had to go to the Potions classroom during her free period to meet Tom. She honestly did not know what to expect. Would he yell at her? Not show up at all? 

And as much as her friends were trying to help, as she sat on her bed contemplating her life's decisions, she really wished she could speak to her older sister. 

Until the age of 11, her sister had been her soundboard, her person of comfort, the one she could say anything to, without judgement. Every time she was in trouble, or had done something stupid, or didn't know what to do next, she would go to Mackenzie. 

She pitied the people who didn't have that kind of relationship with their older sibling. 

But now, she was one of those people. 

She hadn't really spoken to Mackenzie since her first year, which was a very long time ago. After her older sister had gotten into Hufflepuff, like all the Kennedys in their family, it was a big disappointment when Daisy had managed to end up in Slytherin. 

She couldn't help but let her mind wander to the day she had been sorted.

September, 1938

"Clap, Tom!" the 11-year-old blonde hissed at the raven-haired boy. 

"Why? The hat's song wasn't even that good," Tom replied dryly, but at her look, sighed and clapped. 

"Now we're going to get sorted into the houses!" Daisy squealed, jumping up and down with excitement. 

"I hope I'm in Slytherin," Tom puffed out his chest with hope, having read multiple books on Hogwarts in the past month. 

"But then we won't be together.."

"This is the only way it's going to be," he explained logically. "You do not fit the Slytherin description, and there is no way that I will be in Hufflepuff."

"Why not?" Daisy took offence. "What's wrong with Hufflepuff?"

"Only that they're weak, soft-bellied, pathetic, li–" at the look on her face, his voice faltered. "Erm, nothing, I just wouldn't belong."