✯ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 ✯

January, 1945

January, 1945

𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊 𝐇𝐀𝐃 passed, and the students were resettling into the school and resenting the thought of attending classes again.

Daisy had decided that she was going to try and befriend Tom again, wary of the idea, but determined to try. After all, she still felt irrationally guilty that she had spent Christmas surrounded by laughter and friends, and he had spent it alone in a cold orphanage.

Anika had had a long chat with her mom about Julian, in which they had come to the conclusion that she was definitely going to try and make this relationship work. Because she didn't want to have any regrets of what-would-have-happened-if-I-tried-harder thoughts.

And Gabriella, well, Gabriella was just glad that she didn't have any boy trouble at all and was looking forward to spending the last half of the term with her friends. The only problem was the dream she had had about a certain red-headed witch a week prior. But she had decided to ignore that!

The lesson for D.A.D.A had just ended, and a grumpy Daisy was packing up her bags, annoyed she had been on the sidelines. Ever since the fiasco that she had caused in this room, Professor Merrythought had been too scared to let the blonde witch participate.

Daisy had assured the teacher that she was under control now, and that it had been almost 2 months and she was losing the practical knowledge and skills that she needed for the real world. Eventually they had compromised that next week she could begin again.

Tom had been reassigned to a different partner who the malevolent wizard could disarm with just a lazy flick of his wand. He really was too advanced to be in this class.

Daisy quickened her actions of packing up so that she could catch Tom in the hallway, since he was moved much faster than her. Slinging her bag over her shoulders, she paced towards the doorway so that she was right behind him.

"Riddle," she greeted quietly, feeling strange using his last name, but not wanting to address him by his first either.

"Kennedy," he nodded curtly, not looking over excited to engage with her.

She pressed her lips in a thin line, determined to push harder. She walked a little faster so that she was right next to him, the crowd of students in front of them dense enough so that he couldn't run away.

"I was thinking you should join me and my friends at Hogsmeade this weekend," she suggested, trying to make the words sound casual while her insides were tensed, awaiting the rejection.

"And why would should I do that?" he asked her, giving her a thoughtful glance, his mind working twice as fast as usual.

This would be a perfect opportunity for Tom to get closer to her, though it was annoying that she was bringing her friends alone. It would be better if he could get her alone.