✯ 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ✯

𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 faintest idea how she wound up here

The air was cold and crisp, forcing almost painful goosebumps to rise on her legs and arms. The sky was the darkest she had ever seen, which fitted the grim setting she found herself in. 

The graveyard wasn't well lit, and the blonde had to strain her eyes to make out the words on the tombstone she was standing in front of. The adornment on the tombstone wasn't very intricate, since her father couldn't afford it back then. 

She wondered how many times he had stood in this exact spot. How he felt with the knowledge that the love of his life had died giving birth to his second daughter. How everything was ruined with the birth of Daisy Kennedy.

She knelt down in an awkward crouch, the long grass wet with the day's rain, her stockings growing damp from the contact. Her hand reached out to touch the gravestone, to see if she could sense her mother's presence. 

It sounded cruel, but Daisy was glad she didn't know her mother before she died. It would have made the loss too great. The way it was now, she just had a gap in her life, but she had no knowledge of how it was ever filled. 

Suddenly, the ground starting shaking at her feet and Daisy stood up with a start, heart pounding. Her muscles tightened when she witnessed the tombstone starting to crack with the powerful reverberations in the ground. 

The stone fell over, separating into jagged pieces, but that wasn't the worst part. A hand reached out of the soft dirt that was just previously under the tombstone, flesh grey and rotting. 

Daisy watched in absolute horror as the hand clawed it's way upward, revealing an elbow, a shoulder, then using the ground as leverage for a head to poke through. The young witch took several steps back, unsure whether to run. 

Candace Kennedy's dark blue eyes were a stark contrast to her ashen-white skin. Some sort of black liquid was oozing out of the sides, making it look like she was crying tar. Her lips were stretched into a manic grin, teeth decaying and some missing. 

"Mom?" Daisy's voice was barely above a whimper, her vision going hazy on the sides. 

As soon as the sound escaped her lips, Daisy's risen mom snapped her head in her direction and crawled out of the grave with lightning speed. On her hands and knees, she started racing towards her, looking like a creature of hell. 

A swirling blackness surrounded her, bursts of energy escaping. 

A scream ripped its way out of the blonde's throat as her mother lunged for her, a sharp pain slicing through her body.

February, 1945

Daisy woke up with a cry, her hair plastered on her forehead with cold sweat. Her breaths came out sharp and quick as she attempted to remind herself where she was.