✯ 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ✯

March, 1945

March, 1945

"𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓, 𝐒𝐎 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 are you going again?" Gabriela asked for the 3rd time, tossing Daisy her stack of packed shirts.

"Ireland, I already told you," Daisy informed patiently. 

"Yeah, but why?"

"Er...my sister," Daisy fumbled for an answer and cringed at Gabriela's dropped jaw. 

"Wait, what?!" Gabriela shouted. "You're seeing your sister? I thought you hadn't spoken to her in years!"

"I haven't," the blonde replied. "I was surprised too. Apparently she needs me for something. It's a family emergency."

"Okay..." the Spanish witch scrutinised her friend for a few seconds, who was acting more suspicious than usual. "Doesn't she live in London? You could meet a nice London boy there, look at the bright side. I heard they're quite charming."

"Not everything is about finding a boy, Gab," Daisy rolled her eyes playfully, but her mind was elsewhere. 

"It would offer a nice distraction. Have you packed anything nice in here at all?"

Her question was left unanswered. Daisy was wondering whether she should inform Lili where she was going. After all, the girl was the only one who knew about what Daisy was doing. But then again, she didn't know if Lili was a good person to trust. She decided not to tell her. 

"So you're obviously stressed," Gabriella noted after a minute's silence. "You know what? Why don't you go eat breakfast and I'll finish packing your suitcase for you."

"Really?" Daisy's eyes shone with appreciation. "Thank you so much Gab. You're a lifesaver."

Gabriela gave her a gleeful smile and started rifling through her closet. 

On the way to the Great Hall she saw Tom stalking towards her. 

"Let's go, Kennedy," he motioned for her to follow him. 

"Wait, I haven't even eaten yet!" she protested. "You said 8:00. It's not even 7:30 yet!"

"The earlier we get a start the better," he ignored her complaint. "The train ride is a few hours and then we need to take a ship to cross the Irish Sea. Then the village of Armagh is so small we'll have to walk the rest of the way for who knows how long. Pack lightly."

"Fine!" she grumbled. "Let me get a banana from the Great Hall at least."

"Make it quick," was all he said in reply as they parted ways. 

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

30 minutes later, Daisy and Tom were standing at the train station waiting for their train to take them to one of the ports on the coast of Scotland. The blond had been studying a map and was nervous to see that Armagh was indeed so small that she could barely make it out of the clear paper.