✯ 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ✯

March, 1945

March, 1945

𝐓𝐎𝐌 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 to a high-pitched scream, his heart thundering at the rude awakening. He stumbled out of his bed in a thick haze, unable to focus but knowing he had to find where that came from. 

He looked back at the bed to see that Daisy wasn't there, and his chest plummeted to his stomach in dismay as he realised who the source of the scream was. The bathroom door was closed, but it was ringed with light, indicating that Daisy was in there.

The raven-haired wizard scrambled to open the door and his eyes widened a fraction when he saw the blonde on the floor, convulsing violently. Her eyes were rolled back and there wasn't any foam coming out of her mouth, but her back kept slamming into the tiled floor in a way that must have been bruising. 

"Daisy!" he yelled out hoarsely, using her first name. "What the bloody hell..."

He ran to her and crouched down, grabbing her left shoulder and rolling her onto her right side. After the longest minute, her spluttering stopped and she stilled, her eyes closing gently. 

"Kennedy," he urged, shaking her slightly. "Wake up."

She gave no response. Tom felt sick and he didn't know why. What was this nauseous feeling that was rising in his gut, like butterflies in his stomach but instead of butterflies it was sharp razors. He wanted to yell, break something, blame someone, but he couldn't. 

What was wrong with him?

"Kennedy!" he shouted. "Wake the fuck up!!"

He shook her in earnest now, so that her hair fell from her shoulders to the ground and her flimsy nightgown shifted to reveal more of her perfect legs. He wasn't even looking, he was staring at her face, willing her eyes to open. 

"Open your eyes," he instructed, trying to demand her unconscious body to listen to him. "Wake up, god damn it!"

Daisy finally fluttered her eyelids open, surprised to see a disheveled Tom gripping her by the shoulders as she laid on the cold bathroom floor. 

"What the hell happened?" she croaked, sitting up and groaning when her head spun. 

"How the fuck should I know?" he yelled, anger overtaking him now that she was awake. "I was trying to bloody sleep and the next thing I know you're screaming and having a bloody seizure in the bloody bathroom!"

"The bathroom..." Daisy trailed off, trying in vain to remember how she got there. 

Then dread pulled in her gut at the memory of the girl in the bathtub. No, not just any girl. Lili. 

"Oh my god," she put a hand to her mouth, panic running its course. "She's here."

"Who's here?" Tom asked in confusion. 

"Where is she?" Daisy demanded, her voice getting louder by the second. "She was just here!"

The girl got up and walked towards the bathtub, flinging the shower curtain to the side. She shrieked in frustration when it was empty and slammed the door closed to check behind it. Tom watched her with growing concern as she started checking every nook in the bathroom, and then went out to check under the bed.