✯ 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 ✯

"𝐌𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐙𝐈𝐄! 𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏, let me explain!"

"Leave me alone Daisy, I don't want to talk to you!" the older blonde hurried along the corridors in an attempt to avoid her younger sister.

"You can't ignore me just because I'm a Slytherin!" Daisy scoffed at the absurdity, and when he sister still didn't stop, she yelled, "You promised you would never judge!"

Finally Mackenzie did turn around, fixing Daisy with the cliché I-know-better look of an older sister. She crossed her arms firmly and walked back to her.

"This is different," she retorted. "That hat put you in Slytherin, because that's who you are at your core."

"So what? You really buy into all that Slytherin-is-evil crap?" Daisy thundered angrily.

"It's not crap. There have been many psychopathic wizards, and they all came from Slytherin!"

"You really think I'm some evil psycho?" the young blonde challenge, trying to hide her hurt. "You've known me your whole life, Mack, you know me better than this!"

"Not anymore," she shook her head. "I've tried to ignore it for a while, but I know you're not just all sunshine and rainbows, Daisy. And now this has determined it. You're not who I thought you were."

You're not who I thought you were.

The words echoes in the girl's head, and she knew that Mackenzie was right. She was hiding a darkness that she felt deep within her, growing with every day she aged. The hat had said that Slytherin would be able to help her with it, harness the power, but what if instead it would cause her to spiral out of control?

"Please Mackenzie, don't do this. I still need an older sister," Daisy urged.

"No you don't. I'm sick of always having to look over my shoulder and make sure that you're alright," Mackenzie said harshly. "Find your own friends and leave me alone."

Daisy watched her go, unable to find the words to reply to the painful message. It would be a long time before she spoke to her sister again, and that time, it was much much worse.

October, 1944

Daisy awoke, strands of her hair plastered to her forehead in a light sheen. She had this dream many times, it different renditions, but with the same scenario. She wished it was only a dream, but it was the day after she had been sorted.

Mackenzie Kennedy had graduated 2 years ago, when Daisy was in her 5th year, and Daisy had not interacted with her since. She still tries to forget what happened the last time.

Her sister had gotten exactly what she had wanted, her own life. All Daisy knew now was the Mackenzie was living together with a wizard from a rich Auror family, probably engaged by now.