✯ 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ✯

December, 1944

December, 1944

𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 girls didn't know it, each one of them continued and could not stop thinking about the dance. Daisy couldn't stop thinking about what Fleamont had said about Tom, and whether it was true. Anika couldn't stop worrying about Julian's true feelings about her. And Gabriela, Gabriela was the most confused of all of them. She could not sort out her traitorous emotions regarding Cora. 

The dance had happened 1 week ago, today being the first day of winter break, and the trio was still not glued back together. Anika and Gabriela had still not spoken.

However, it had been decided a month ago that they would spent Christmas and New Years at Anika's house, and so they would have to speak to each other. 

"So, Anika," Daisy spoke up, filling the silent train compartment with her voice. "What's your mom cooking for us?"

As mentioned before, Anika was a girl who absolutely loved food. Cold food, sweet food, salty food, spicy food, soup food, anything really. And it stemmed from her mom, who was the best cook her two friends had ever encountered. 

Daisy and Gabriela had been introduced to the wondrous world of Indian food. Daisy was extremely proud of her spice tolerance, while poor tough Gabriela refused to show the tears in her eyes when she had something a little too flavourful. 

And every time the girls spent time at Anika's house, they left 3 kilos heavier. It truly was a problem. But a delicious problem. 

"She's making tandoori chicken," Anika started, which elicited even excitement in Gabriela's eyes. "And Dahl, and aloo sag."

"What's the last dish?" Daisy questioned. 

"It translates to potato spinach. I know it sounds kind of weird, but it's really good and healthy!" Anika reassured, pleased at her friends' anticipation.

"I'm really looking forward to it," Gabriela spoke quietly, looking timidly at Anika. "I really love your mom's food so much, and don't appreciate it enough. Your mom's food always makes me happier, and I definitely don't deserve it. I'm really sorry. I should have said it earlier."

Anika and Daisy's eyes narrowed at her strange words, but then widened again when her meaning became apparent. Gabriela was a very prideful witch, and hated owning up to her mistakes. But for her friends she snuck in a strange apology here and there.

"It's okay," Anika replied softly, taking hold of one of Gabriela's hands. "She knows how much you love the food, and she forgives you. Let's put this whole thing past us."

Both girls smiled at each other, and Daisy felt her shoulders relax as the friends were now at peace again. The idea of drama was always exciting, but was never great when it was between the people closest to you.

"Okay, so who wants to join me in doing some jumping jacks right now so I can feel better about myself after this trip?" Gabriela suggested, and the girls laughed, but got up to participate.