✯ 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ✯

November, 1944

November, 1944

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐃 gone by since Daisy and Dumbledore's meeting, and the weather was starting to get chilly, the student bundling up in their enormous winter coats. 

Daisy had barely seen Tom in those two weeks. In the beginning, she had wanted to go and visit him in the hospital wing, certain that it had been him next to her hospital bed. She agonised over it for several days, torn between wanting to resolve what she had done to him, and scared at her lack of remorse because he deserved it. 

By the time she had finally pulled herself together and walked over, the nurse had told her that he had been released the morning. 

Now Daisy, Gabriela, and Anika were sitting at the Hufflepuff table, having just discussed matching outfits for the Winter dance which was approaching rapidly. It was to be held in exactly 2 weeks. Since their love lives were practically empty, they had decided to go as a trio. 

Now they were eating their breakfast in a thoughtful silence. At least, it was until Gabriela spotted someone coming towards them over Daisy and Anika's shoulder. 

"I hope you're not coming here to speak to us," Gabriela snapped with an acidic tone. 

The blonde and brunette spun around in their seats to see a dejected Julian Lestrange stopping in his tracks. The charismatic boy had dark circles under his usual glimmering, grinning blue eyes, and his full lips were pulled into a constant frown.

Anika grimaced at the state of him, feeling the familiar tug of pity in her gut as she took the sight of him in. The truth was, she was ready to forgive him for the scenario, but her friends were determined to stay angry at him. 

"There is nothing worse than a bystander," Gabriela would say furiously whenever Anika had brought him up. 

"I have to speak to Patel. She's my partner today in the joined Potions class," he mumbled.

There was to be larger Potions class today, mixing several students from all 4 houses. These were to occur monthly, in an attempt strengthen the 7th Year's companionship in their last term. As luck would have it, all three girls were in the same group as well as Tom and Julian. 

Anika excused herself from the table to follow Julian. She could have sworn she heard a joint growl from her friends as she left. 

"You know what? This really sucks, because I really did like him. I was even hoping to go with him to the dance." Gabriela sniffed in frustration, watching the pair go. 

"Did?" Daisy raised a brow. 

"I think so," the Spanish witch pushed her food around uncomfortably. "I don't want to have feelings for someone who isn't a good person."

"Look, I don't want to excuse his actions, but it could have just been a moment of weakness. It can be hard to step up against someone that you're dating," Daisy speculated.