✯ 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ✯

A/N: TW! Mentions of suicidal thoughts

November, 1944

𝐃𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐘 𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 her memories, and released the details about something she never wanted to tell anyone. Something everyone knew rumours about, but didn't really know about.

September, 1942

It was the first week of her 5th year. After a long summer at the orphanage, Daisy was delighted to see the wondrous halls of her school. It was becoming harder and harder for Daisy to spend time in the orphanage when she had two people to avoid: Tom and Mackenzie.

Well, actually, just Tom now. Mackenzie hadn't been back to the orphanage for the past 2 years, and Daisy had no idea where she had been spending her time instead. It was Mackenzie's 7th year now, and Daisy knew this was her last year to speak to her.

After the sorting of the new 1st years occurred and the students had eaten, they began filing away to their respective common rooms. The 15-year-old girl ran into the Gryffindor crowd, where she stood out like a sore thumb, but searched until she found a blonde head identical to hers.

Her hand shot out and wrapped around the older girl's wrist. Mackenzie gasped and looked back, her face draining of colour at the sight of her younger sister. But surprisingly, she didn't pull away and merely let her younger sister pull her into an empty corridor.

Before saying anything, Daisy just drank in her sister's image. Her hair had turned into a darker blonde, and she had grown long and slender in the past 2 years, becoming unimaginably beautiful.

Daisy swallowed with a dry throat, feeling a sewer rat next to Mackenzie. But then again, this feeling wasn't new with her. Mackenzie was always the pretty one, while Daisy was the cute, innocent one. Mackenzie was the clever and charming one. Daisy basically stole parts of Mackenzie's personality, because that's just what younger sisters do.

Looking at Mackenzie now, the blonde knew that even though years had passed since they were civil with one another, she would always feel the remnants of admiration.

She remembered sitting in her sister's room while Mackenzie spent long moments before the mirror, picking out every single insecurity about herself. Daisy couldn't understand how her older sister was blind to her own beauty.

"You haven't been at the orphanage," Daisy rasped, suddenly losing her ability to speak and forgetting what she wanted to start with.

"Yeah, um," Mackenzie looked anywhere except at her. "I've been staying with my boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" she echoed, eyebrows rising in surprise.

"Yes, we've been together for 2 years now."

"That's great," Daisy smiled happily. "I remember how excited you were to have one."