Chapter-8

Lorenzo(pov)

Lorenzo(pov)

She leaves the room with her feet padding. Whenever I look at her the nightmare plays infront of my eyes. Mom's death. Her disappearance. Father's panic.

He lost his mind, checked every city footage he could find to get Bella back and to avenge mom's death.

He was completely hopeless. All his attempts to find her were collapsed but then suddenly after all these years she comes out of nowhere. It is suspicious. But we gotta a call from one of our men. We thought there might be a mistake but the DNA tests don't say that.

Father went mad those five years and after some therapy he came back. Matteo went quiet. Talking only when needed. He didn't utter a word of that day. No one uttered.

Father tortured and threatened every person he got suspicious on but they all led to a nothing. We eventually lost hope but still hadn't stopped searching.

"Why gotta be so rude to her?" Father says turning to me.

"She's just a kid." Father says.

"Father, she needs to respect elders . It doesn't matter if she is a kid or not."

The dinner resumes and soon Matteo leaves the table instead of going to staircase he goes to the refrigerator and opens door. I see a big bar of chocolate.

"Hey, who's that for? I know you don't like chocolate." Marco asks.

"Bella." He responds and leaves. My heart really aches for Matteo. It's sad seeing him quiet all the time when he used to be the craziest triplet.

"Did you do the background check as I told you?"
Father asked in his authorative voice.

My posture changes when I hear his voice. "Yes father, I did. There were nothing out of ordinary but-"

I pause to take a breath to reveal the information.
"Her caretaker he had several cases of sexual assaulting 26 minors including a 9 year old."

The table goes silent. I can hear Alfonzo's fist squeezing the air. His nails turning white.

"Did he did that to Bella, if he did I am gonna kill him—" Dante was cut off by father.

"No, I am pretty sure he did not. He wouldn't have." We are reassuring ourselves hoping that pedophile wouldn't touch my sister.

The dinner is resumed. Slowly I can see from my peripheral vision. Xander was opening his mouth to say something.

"Do you know where he is now?"
He asks.

"He is doing a job as a bouncer."

__________

The dinner completed smoothly. It was now 12:45 am. Isabella must've slept.

My feet automatically take me to her bedroom. I have seen her after 13 years she must've been so confused when she see 7 males who claims to be her family.

My hand lands on the door handle and slowly bends it down to open without making noise.

I open the door to see Dante and Father. Father seems to be in another world by just staring at her.

"Quiet. You might wake her up." Dante whisper hisses at me. I glare at him for hissing at me.

I see Bella laying on her stomach and one of  her hands covering her eyes and ears. The table lamp beside her was on.

I take a seat on the bed beside Dante.
We just stared at her.

"Aren't we being creepy?" I ask out loud.

"I don't really care.." Dante says but pauses.
"Do you think he touched her?"
He questions.

Everyone stays quiet. We don't have the enough hope in ourselves to fill hope in Dante.

My hand raises to caress her face but I stop it in mid air when it nearly reaches her hair. I stop it because her eyes are open now.

She stating at the wall and slowly looks at me.

"What are you doing?" She asks.

Was she awake the whole time?
She looked like she was in a deep slumber.

I retract my hand back.

She slowly gets up holding the blanket tightly to her chest she noticed father and Dante too now.

Her face was the definition of confusion and...fear?

"We were tucking you in." I tried to manage. She will definitely feel creeper out when I say
'Oh! We were staring at you while you were asleep'

"Tucking me in?" My heart sank.

She doesn't know what it means and she never got the chance to know it.

Father gets up to his legs.

"Lay down Tesoro. "He says and she obeys him.

He takes the the blanket until it teaches her neck and places a kiss on her forehead. I saw her clenching her hand gripping the sheets in a vice grip.

Why is she scared? Is it what I think it is?

"Good night bells." Father says to her.
Isabella's weak voice surprises us.
"Goodnight."

Dante get up and I follow his actions.

"Good night." Each of us greets her.

Three of us go out of the room.

She is mysterious.

Something wrong has definitely happened to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omg! Guys thank you for 89 reads. It really means a lot to me.

Vote.share.support.
<33