Chapter-10

Leonardo (pov)

Leonardo (pov)

Bella is in my arms after 13 long years. My eyes are slowly getting glassy as I hear her soft breathing.

I badly want Isabella to meet her mom. I can see it in her eyes how sad she was. She didn't have a parent figure her whole life. If only I had been more careful towards them at the hospital. I would've been happy with my wife and daughter.

I pat my hand on Isabellas back and sing a hum. The humming Maria used to sing for the boys all the time.

They instantly went to sleep just like Bella.

"Papa! Isabell-" I hear Alfonzo's voice at the door way. It stopped abruptly when he saw us.

His eyes were filled with panic and worry but softened when he saw the little body in my arms.

He made his way towards us

"I thought we lost her again."
He says with in quiet voice.
"We will never be that reckless now, do we?"

"No papa." He answers with confidence.

Alfonzo rises his index finger and gently flicks Isabella's nose. Isabella scrunches her nose and buries her head in my neck letting a chuckle out of us.

"What's so funny?" Lorenzo says walking towards us.

"She looks adorable." He says while walking.

Lorenzo opens the glass balcony doors letting the chill evening breeze in. Isabella shuffles a bit but still is in deep sleep.

We walk outside and Alfonzo leans over the railing.

"Can I hold her father?" I hear Lorenzo ask from beside me.

I pass Isabella to him. He gently and carefully holds her and pats her back just like how I did.

My hand pats her head.
"I wish mom was here." Alfonzo says.

I can see him being just an inch from pouring his tears out. His eyes slightly glassy.
"She is with us. Always."
I look up at the slowly fading orange and newly emerging navy blue sky and spot the first star.

Maria.

"You will always have her blessings. She is watching us." I say to him. I want my children to be strong and even though they have to face any hurdles in their life I want them to have hope that one day everything would be all right.

"Papà, abbiamo trovato l'uomo che ha ucciso la mamma. lui è nel seminterrato."I hear lorenzo say to me.

(Papa we have found the man who killed mom. He is in the basement.)

My fists clench on their own. I take Isabella from Lorenzo and make my way to her room after placing her on her bed gently.
I turn around signalling them to follow me.