Chapter-17

Alfonzo (pov)

Alfonzo (pov)

"Search!" Papa's voice screams out as soon as I enter home from school. The living room is filled with people running over to rooms in panic and hurry. 

I see Uncle Giovanni talking in the phone with his palm on his forehead and eyes filled with distress. Nothing is making sense. "How can this happen!? We had security around every corner, Someone helped from the inside." he says to himself.

I see a hospital bed in  the far back of the room with father sitting beside it and his head low. My feet take me there and the whole world around me collapses just like my heart has collapsed after seeing my mom with her eyes closed, skin pale and her lips chapped then only later I realized that the lower half of the white blanket is totally soaked with blood.

"Mama." The scene plays over my eyes on repeat every time when I think about her. It's been a month since Bella is living with us and still she is loosing up little by little. Well, who wouldn't be uncomfortable with seven rugged men who look like they could crush you with a single flick. The same Pasta made by Papa is served for dinner and everyone is eating in silence. 

What really amuses me is that I have never seen a thirteen year old kid being so silent and disciplined and it scares me too. An kid that should be active being mysteriously silent and the kid looked like she had been starving for days when I first saw her in the home.  Lorenzo updates father about the business and the search for the panther. Lorenzo got the title as the boss years ago but still he could't take a decision on his own but depends on Papa. 

 Soon the dinner is completed and everyone goes to their respective rooms. But, I have got some free time and decided to watch some movie. When I entered the room I see Bella sitting down on the floor and her neck stretched upwards watching the T.V on the wall with the remote in her hand from the look on her face and her mouth a little agape it looks like she is drooling over a guy. She still hadn't noticed when I walked a little further into the room.

Yup. Definitely a guy. 

I plopped myself on the couch and looked at the T.V to see Tangled playing and Flynn Ryder was on the screen. Bella is still sitting on the couch watching the movie and slowly the remote slips from her hand and falls to the ground with a light tap sound. I take the remote and switch the channel.

This alerts Bella and she erratically looks for the remote around her and finally turns around to find the remote in my hand. 

"I was watching it." She says in high pitched voice and a little frown on her face. I shrug my shoulders and continue to change the channels.  She looks cute. 

"Give me the remote." she demands with her palm raised and I continue to ignore and keep on changing the channels. "Right.Now." she says while getting on her feet.

"YOU. Give me the remote, I was watching the movie or just change the channel." She tries to negotiate but it goes vain. Bella comes forward to snatch the remote from me but I dodge her and continue to tease her by placing the remote up high in air while she is struggling to reach it.