Chapter 2

Hyung Suk was silently watering the plants, relishing in the soft sound of water spilling. The morning birds weren't even up but he was.

Right now he wanted to feel peace. No more worries or crying or the dull smell of everyone's scent. He just wanted peace.

He sighed as he walked around the Kim residence. He was sure that if he didn't go back home soon, his mother would freak out. But he didn't really care right now.

"Hyung Suk"

He jumped when he heard his name being called and turned around to see Mrs. Kang. He felt the anxiety leave his body quickly at the sight of her.

"Mrs. Kang" he replied quietly.

He looked at her with an indifferent face as she walked up to him. She was wearing a white night dress, holding a cigarette close to her lips.

She took a long drag out of her cigarette and released it into the air.

"Your mother's going to be worried if she doesn't find you in the house."

He shrugged his shoulders and looked down at the lotus flowers in the ponds.

He heard Mrs. Kang sigh and she came closer to him, standing shoulder to shoulder.

"Hyung Suk" she looked at him but he didn't, he just nodded as he stared ahead.

"I'm sorry this is happening to you" she looked ahead, not knowing what else to say.

All this gangster shit was taking away another thing she cared about. And there wasn't anything she could do about it.

"You don't have to be sorry Mrs. Kang. This isn't your fault and I'm just doing my duty. Plus, I'm strong. I can fend for myself."

He smiled a little but he knew she could tell what he was saying was bullshit.

"You may be strong but who knows what will happen there. Yamazaki Yuzuru did have a fiance before you."

Hyung Suk looked at her with a surprised look, "What? I…never knew…"

That was unexpected. He was sure he knew everything about the new Shiro Oni.

"Well good thing you do now. Who knows how those people will take it? They might kill you."

Hyung Suk looked down at her, "They won't. It wouldn't be good for them."

"You're right….but you never know how their people might take it. I'm sure the Hayashi family already hates you for cutting down the marriage. And I'm sure the others won't like their enemy being on their land."

Hyung Suk looked down, gripping his shorts. She was right. He was probably gonna be treated like shit over there. But if it was for the people he cared about, like Mrs. Kang, he didn't care.

"It doesn't matter. I'll take it. I'll just remind them who I am. I'm Hyung Suk, the omega who is Jinyoung's heir, beat Kagiroi, etc etc."

Hyung Suk looked at her with a determined face and she smiled slightly.

"You're right but…you don't even know Japanese."

Hyung Suk blushed and huffed, "W-well, i do know a little bit."

Mrs. Kang chuckled and inhaled the smoke. It was quiet and she watched Hyung Suk start to stop smiling. The air was starting to become depressing and his scent became dull.

She frowned, trying to figure out what to say next.

"...You're a good kid Hyung Suk. I liked you from the start so…don't go dying or anything."