Chapter 17

"What's even happening?" he held his head in his hands.

"We can't let the Koreans know; we have his phone, so we're fine. But I'm sure that they will catch up if he doesn't wake up soon. And he's in critical condition too so if he dies...."

Jong Gun raised his hand up to Mr. Nakamura; he didn't want to hear about problems on top of problems. Maybe if he just stayed home this wouldn't have happened. It was clear there were traitors in their premises since there so happened to be no guards at the moment. He heard the door open and raised his head up to see Kenji and Moriko walking out.

"Is he alright?" he saw the way their faces were contorted; they looked tired.

Kenji began, "Stable. It's a miracle really; somehow the shot didn't completely affect his heart. The other shots were much more manageable. He's in critical condition, so there's a chance he could-" Kenji looked at him with a grimace.

"If we aren't careful he could die. Leave this to us; we'll try our best to save him. For now you should worry about fixing this situation. It's no coincidence he was left alone, even Kyungsun was knocked out and that's some feat. Perhaps you should check your servants" Moriko finished off for him.

Jong Gun's face contorted as he heard those words.

"Oh, and you should push back your dads funeral. Everyone is focused on different things, so for now leave it be."

He stared at the ground. She was right, but those words didn't seem right; he didn't want her to be right but she was.

"We will closely monitor him with Mr. Nakamura by our side" Kenji held Hyung Suk's phone in his vision.

He looked away from the floor and towards Kenji.

"You should look at past messages to see how Park Hyung Suk texts. Do whatever you can to not raise suspicions."

He grabbed the phone and watched as the two doctors left where Hyung Suk was.

.

.

.

He heard a pained whimper coming from the house along with a yell. He could smell the scent of a furious alpha all the way from the outside of his house. His body immediately turned to running and what he found wasn't pleasant.

Junko was on the ground passed out, her face was bloody and bruised up. While Murasaki had blood running down her nose with tears in her eyes as Paek Kyungsun held onto the collar of her kimono. In a moment he grabbed onto Ms. Paek and threw her off of Murasaki. He turned to Murasaki who held her head down as she could barely hold her body up with her elbows.

He looked at Hyung Suk's bodyguard, "What the hell do you think you're doing?" he walked towards the woman who was already getting up. His scent was flaring around the room, but even so she didn't back down and continued to glare at him.

"Huh?! They're the reason I was knocked out while Hyung Suk was out there fighting for his life. She was the one who gave me that drink!!" she pointed at Murasaki who looked at him with fearful, teary eyes and quickly bowed her head to the floor again.

He clenched his jaw, despite him having trusted Jakucho and Murasaki for a long time there still is a chance they're traitors.

"It's not your place to do so. I'll punish them accordingly so if they did do something. You should just go to where Hyung Suk is at and look over him" he tried to remain calm.

She stared at him, but he could smell the way her scent was becoming more and more faint and her chest wasn't rising as quickly.

She continued to glare at him, "Fine, but if I hear that you gave them the easy way out I'm gonna come for you and then them. Even if this is a political marriage, one shouldn't be so cruel"