Chapter 29-Urizen

Nero and Izuku ventured deeper into the heart of the Qliphoth tree, the entrance behind them sealing shut, leaving them with no choice but to press forward. Frustrated by the closing pathway, they exchanged annoyed glances before resuming their determined march.

"Well, no turning back now," Nero muttered, his irritation evident in his voice.

"No, it wasn't an option to begin with," Izuku replied, catching up to Nero's pace.

Curiosity piqued, Nero questioned Izuku about his decision to send Kafka with V, expressing his belief that having her by their side would have made their mission easier. Izuku took a moment to contemplate before he let out a sigh, offering an explanation.

"I wanted to keep her away from the impending battle. Trust me, if anything were to happen to her, Urizen wouldn't be the only concern I'd have to face." Izuku confessed, revealing his underlying worries.

Nero empathized with Izuku's protectiveness and offered his condolences. He then inquired about Kafka's significance in the Mafia, prompting Izuku to affirm her high-ranking status.

"That's right... And remind me to retrieve my jacket from her later." Izuku requested, already planning to reclaim his prized possession.

Curiosity getting the better of him, Nero prodded further, speculating that Kafka's actions might be a sign of affection.

"Maybe she likes you?" Nero suggested, nudging Izuku playfully. Izuku met Nero's gaze with an incredulous expression.

"No." Izuku retorted, dismissing the notion.

"Oh, come on! The signs are right there." Nero persisted, nudging Izuku again. Izuku sighed, growing more exasperated.

"What signs?" Izuku inquired, eager to understand Nero's reasoning.

"You know when girls in kindergarten steal things from boys and never give them back? It's usually because they like them. Trust me, it happened with Kyrie and me, and it's happening to you and Kafka." Nero explained, offering his insight.

"She's not a kid anymore, and besides, why would Kyrie steal something from you and not give it back?" Izuku questioned, confusion etching his face. Nero chuckled nervously, avoiding a direct answer.

"That's a conversation for another time. Anyway, get ready, because we have a king to dethrone" Nero declared, shifting their focus back to the imminent battle. Izuku nodded, unsheathing his sword, as a horde of demons loomed ahead, ready to test their mettle.

Izuku and Nero faced the daunting horde of demons blocking their path, their determination unwavering. The air crackled with anticipation as they prepared to unleash their abilities and ascend the treacherous Qliphoth.

With a flick of his wrist, Nero summoned his Devil Breakers, infusing them with demonic power. His right arm transformed into the powerful Buster Arm, ready to deliver devastating blows, while his left arm sprouted the Overture, crackling with electric energy.

Izuku, fueled by his resolve, tapped into the immense power within him. His red sword, Muramasa, absorbed the surrounding blood, pulsating with kinetic energy. He also called upon his guitar, strumming its strings to unleash elemental attacks of fire, ice, and lightning.

The battle commenced as demons lunged at them, teeth gnashing and claws slashing through the air. Nero leaped into action, his acrobatic movements accompanied by lightning-fast strikes from his Buster Arm. Each blow landed with bone-shattering force, reducing demons to mere smoldering ashes.

Izuku, relying on his enhanced senses, dodged and weaved through the chaos, seamlessly switching between his sword and guitar. He sliced through the horde with expert precision, the Muramasa cleaving demons in half, while the elemental attacks from his guitar scorched and froze their adversaries.