Chapter Sixteen

^^ Adorable gif of Mikey because why the fuck not.

This chapter was brought to you by Foo Fighters and Muse.

Muse's new album is sick as frick. Check it out. *IM GOING THROUGH AND EDITING THREE YEARS LATER AND MUSE HAS RELEASED ANOTHER NEW ALBUM, GO CHECK THAT OUT TOO IT'S SICK AS FRICK*

Dedication to zoelee963 ! Thanks so much for supporting this story!

3 days. It's been 3 days since Mikey has spoken a word to me.

The last time we spoke was in English class. We were assigned a project and were allowed to work alone or in pairs. When I asked Mikey to work with me, he simply said "I'd rather work by myself." Nothing more, nothing less. He didn't even have the nerve to look me in the eye when he said it, either.

And prior to that, he hadn't spoken to me since the jazz band trip, which was a week ago from today.

So it was rather foolish of me to be sitting on my bed at 11 at night, clutching my phone, waiting for a response from him, all while I was crying my heart out.

I don't know when I started crying. I just knew that I couldn't stop. Everything had just been too stressful lately. Everything, from the incidents with Daren, to the flashbacks, to people still spreading rumors of me at school, to realizing I was in love with Mikey, to having to hear my parents fight for hours every day, for over a week. I had absolutely no one to talk to, as Cassey went over to Forrest's to study, Mikey was ignoring me, and Gerard was probably doing something else. Or Frank.

I was alone.

So as I was laying on my back on a Monday night, instead of looking forward to April break in a week, I was absolutely miserable. No matter how loud I turned up my headphones, I could still hear my parents yelling from the first floor. Occasionally, I would hear something break. Usually, it was dishes or a vase, but this time, it was my heart when I heard my father yell just one sentence.

"I want a divorce!"

Suddenly, everything stopped and time stood still. The house that was the loudest I'd ever remembered was now dead silent. The only thing I could hear was my heart beating until my parents started yelling again.

"What?" My mother cried.

"Don't what me! You know exactly why!"

"I don't know what-"

"I know about the affair, Gina."

I didn't bother to stick around after that. I made my way to the window, trying to escape as quickly and quietly as I had done countless times in the past. Once my feet hit the ground, I curled up in a ball and pulled out my phone.

To: Mikey <3

Look, I know you're ignoring me now. But I need to talk to you. Please.

Part of me knew that he wasn't going to text back, but my heart still broke a little more once I checked my phone after five minutes, and he hadn't texted back. The cycle began to repeat.

To: Mikey <3

I don't know why you're ignoring me, and I don't really care right now. I need to talk to you. It has nothing to do with us.

Five minutes of me hopelessly waiting passed.

To: Mikey <3

Mikey, I need someone right now. You're the only person I can fully trust.

Five more minutes.

To: Mikey <3

Please. I'm begging you. Whatever I did wrong, I promise I'll fix it. You're the one person in this world that I would trust with my life. I have absolutely no idea what's going on and it hurts. I'm scared. I need someone.