Chapter Seventeen

Emotion fucking 101: taught by fan fiction writers.
Just saying. Prepare yourself. Shit is gonna get deep.

Dedication to _cxraphernelia. Thanks so much for all of the comments and support for this story. And I want to apologize for putting people like them through hell with this story! Lol that's what writers are for. Plus their profile pic is awesome!

"Kris, are you gonna talk about-"

"No." This was the billionth time that Gerard asked if I had wanted to talk about what happened. "We just talked, okay? He didn't try anything."

He sighed. "Okay. I just- I care about you, okay? You're one of my best friends."

"Let me guess, Frank is first?"

He suddenly slammed on the breaks and pointed at me. "I swear to God, if you tell a living soul that I like him and you will never live to see another day."

I laughed. "Everyone knows, Gerard."

He sighed. "Everyone but Frank, it seems." I shook my head. "What?"

"It seems like all of our friends are in line," I said. "You and Frank, Forrest and Cassey-"

"You and Mikey." He cut me off.

I shifted in my seat. "Yeah, but it's not like he feels the same-" He slammed on the breaks and I yelled. "What the hell, Gerard?"

He banged his head on the steering wheel. "I don't see why the two of you don't just make out already! You love him, he loves you, now make babies goddamit!"

I was stunned. "He, he- what?"

"Oh come on!" It seemed like Gerard was slamming on the breaks every two seconds. It was a good thing we lived in upstate New York, and it was midnight, or else we would have caused an accident. "You cannot honestly tell me that you didn't realize my brother was in love with you."

I suddenly felt a dropping feeling in my stomach. It was if they were being attacked by butterflies. My heart rate began to quicken and I would feel the heat rise to my cheeks. I stared at my hands as I played with my thumbs. "I- I didn't know."

He shook his head and let out a nervous laugh. "Wow. Just wow."

I looked at him. "Does he really love me?"

He rolled his eyes. "I cannot believe you two! You're one to the fact that he loves you, and he's blind to the fact that you love him. Hell, he thinks that you love me."

"What?" I nearly screamed. "That's ridiculous!"

He gasped. "Hurtful."

I rolled my eyes. "You know I didn't mean it like that."

"I know." He sighed. We sat in silence for a few minutes before he spoke again. "I should really get you home now."

"What- why? It's not like-"

"Trust me, Kris. It's past midnight, and we have school tomorrow. Plus, your parents are probably worried sick right now. People care about you, ya know. You're not alone. We're all just a call away."

"Okay," I mumbled.

"Good, because we're here." I looked up and saw that we were at my driveway. He laughed when he saw my shocked expression. I was so fazed by the fact that Mikey felt the same about me that I hadn't paid attention to where we were. "You really don't pay attention to the world around you, do you?"

I shook my head. "Not really." As I looked down my driveway, I groaned. "I don't want to walk all the way up the hill."

He stared at me like I was stupid for hinting at the fact that I wanted him to drive me to the door. "Well, there's kind of a gate separating us from your house."