Chapter Two

Dedication to the_infinite_author for being one of my first readers! 

Kris (Samantha Boscarino) is on the side. For those who don't know, she played Skylar in Good Luck Charlie (that show was the shit when I was a kid)

*Kris's POV (the majority of this fanfic will be told in her POV)*

"So, Mikey, Gerard, do you hate Blackmont yet?" Cassey said, breaking the silence between the five of us in the cafeteria.

I nudged Cassey in the side with my elbow. These two kids had only just moved here, and she was already complaining at the time.

"Eh." They both kind of shrugged. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh come on, it's not that bad," I said as Forrest shot me a look.

"Says you." He muttered under his breath.

Now it was my turn to shoot him a dirty look. "What's that supposed to mean?"

He scoffed. "Oh please, everyone loves you." He directed his attention to Mikey and Gerard. "This girl is popular, and she doesn't even know it. She has guys falling at her feet-"

"I do not!" I whined. "I've only had one boyfriend for a week-"

"Who dumped you because you wouldn't have sex with him." Cassey interrupted, as she rolled her eyes. "Yes, we all know. And there you two go, there's one reason to hate this town even more."

I glanced at the two of them. They sat on the opposite side of the table as us, while I sat between Cassey and Forrest. They both looked extremely uncomfortable as they picked at their lunch...

"So, Mikey, I don't know much about you. I met your brother, but haven't talked to you."

He just looked at me. He seemed distant and didn't respond until his brother had nudged him in the side. He cleared his throat. "What do you want to know?"

"I don't know, why you moved here, what do you like to do, whatever?" Or maybe even why you are so adorable?

"Uh, Gerard and I moved here because our mom got a new job here. I don't do much except sit in my room and listen to music or play bass-"

"You play bass?" Forrest and I shouted at him.

He leaned back a little bit, surprised by our outburst and the shift of mood in the conversation. "Uh, yea, why?"

Forrest and I looked at each other and grinned. "Can you read sheet music?" I asked.

"Of course." He raised an eyebrow. "What are you two getting at?"

Forrest spoke this time. "Well, Kris and I are in the jazz band, she plays saxophone and I play drums. Our bass player was caught doing drugs, and after he came back from suspension, the school forced him to quit extra-curricular activities. So we really need a bass player now."

"Uh, I'm not really into jazz that much, I'm not sure-" He trailed off.

"Oh, please, you don't have to be a jazz freak like I am to be in jazz band. We also have this competition in a month and a half at six flags in New Jersey, it's so much fun. We place every year. Plus, even though it's after school, there's also a band class, and we don't always play jazz music there. It's so much better than music class. Trust me."

"What's so bad about music class?" Gerard asked, and Cassey, Forrest, and I snickered.

"It's general music. You have a shitty teacher and learn about the history of music and shit." Cassey said. Just then, the bell rang.