Chapter Five

Dedicated to SunsetsOverMikeyWay. Thanks for supporting the story!

I nearly fell out of my chair at lunch when Gerard had shoved my side. I had almost fallen asleep, with my head buried in my arms, which rested on the lunch table. It was 2 days after New Year's, and the stupid school decided to have school, even though no one had gotten any sleep the past few nights. I removed my earbuds and glared at him.

"What's your problem?" I snapped. "I was about to fall asleep!"

He rolled his eyes. "We've been trying to get your attention for the past five minutes." The bell rang, interrupting him. "I swear to God, this damn bell interrupts everything we do! Anyway, Mikey and I are going to Hot Topic tomorrow after school, do you want to come? Talk to Mikey about it in band, I have to go!" He ran off and I was left with Mikey and Forrest.

"What's a Hot Topic?" I asked as we walked to the auditorium, and Mikey nearly stopped in his tracks.

"It's only the best store ever!" He exclaimed, and Forrest laughed beside me.

"It's that goth store that we always walk past in the mall in Woodlake." He said.

"It's not goth!" Mikey protested. 'It's, well, I don't know how to describe it, but it's definitely not goth!"

I laughed and grabbed my saxophone out of the band closet, while Forrest ran to the stage to bang on the drums before the other drummer got here. "I'd love to go, Mikey. My parents are both on a business trip for my mom, so I don't need to ask or anything. And I'm sure it's not goth. Oh. And can I have your number? I have Gerard's, but not yours."

He fished around in his backpack for his phone. "Uh, okay, here you c-can put your phone in here, well, your number. I-I'll put mine in yours."

"If you know what I mean," I muttered and winked. His face went red and he facepalmed himself.

"Seriously, your mom may be right. Gerard's probably corrupted your mind with his gay sex jokes." He groaned.

"Yep." I laughed. "They're oddly funny. And my mom really didn't enjoy the CDs I was playing out loud. Well, she didn't mind Queen, and I really liked that one. That was probably my favorite one. Bohemian Rhapsody is like, gah! Why didn't I listen to it before?"

He laughed and handed me my phone after he put his number in it. "You tell me. And which album did you like better, the Misfits one or the Anthrax one?"

"The Anthrax one," I said, and he did a small fist pump that made me giggle.

"Yes! I so told Gerard that you'd like them better!" He smiled a bit, and it almost reached his eyes.

"Mikey, can I ask you something?" I questioned.

"Yeah-"

"Hurry up and get your asses down to the stage!" Mr. Hymn's voice boomed throughout the auditorium.

"Never mind," I said. "It can wait."

----------------------------------------

"Let's go to the mall!" I sang as I hoped into the Way's car the next day after school. They both stared at me like I was crazy. I rolled my eyes. "Have you two never watched How I Met Your Mother?"

Gerard rolled his eyes as he started the car and pulled out of the parking lot. "No, not really."

"Uncultured swines," I muttered under my breath, and I heard Mikey let out a breath next to me like he thought that my comment was funny, just not funny enough to laugh at.