Chapter Twenty Two

Stand up fucking tall

Don't let them see your back

And take my fucking hand

And never be afraid again

Just because my hand's around your throat!  

"The fuck was that shit?" Cassey yelled.

We were sitting on top of each other on the only bean bag chair Forrest seemed to have in his house. We were watching the band, who practiced in Forrest's basement because he didn't want to have to move his drum set to someone else's house.

I shoved her off of me. "Don't be rude. That was amazing."

Gerard smiled. "Thanks, Kris. I'm glad at least someone appreciates my music."

Mikey butted in. "Hey, I like your music!"

 "That's because you're in my fucking band, you idiot." He scoffed and turned to me. "So you really like it?"

"Yeah, your music is great! I just have one question."

"I swear to God if you say what are those-"

I cut him off by laughing. "No, I'm tempted to, but that's not my question."

He put his hand over his heart in relief. "Oh thank God. Go ahead."

"Why are all your songs about suicidal vampires? Like how am I supposed to convince my parents you're not satanic when you pull shit like this?"

He shrugged. "I had these ideas and I put them into songs. Really emo songs. I just got so emo I fell apart."

I was going to say something but Frank came up behind Gerard and hugged him. "What are we talking about babe?"

I squealed and the two of them gave me a look. "Sorry. You guys are just, like, my OTP."

"Your OT what?" Frank asked.

"OTP. One true pairing. Like your favorite couple that gives you life and feels and like agh it hurts."

I felt a pair of arms slip around my waist. "And why are we not your OTP?" Mikey asked and gently leaned around me and kissed my cheek.

I turned around. "Besides us, of course." He smiled and quickly kissed me and Frank and Gerard complained behind us.

"Ew, PDA!" 

I scoffed. "Yeah, because the two of you never even touch  each other in public." I rolled my eyes.

Gerard blushed. "Shut up."

Ray came between us. "Hey guys, do you know where Forrest went? I wanted to ask him about something but he disappeared."

Cassey butted into our conversation. "I think he went inside to grab some food or something. I'll go in and check on him, you can come if you want Ray."

Ray shook his head. "Nah, I'll stay here." He obviously didn't want to be either a third wheel or a cock block.

Once she left, I quickly turned to Mikey. "We need to set them up on a date. Now."

He raised an eyebrow. "How are we going to do that? They won't admit to each other that they can't live without the other."

I smirked. "Okay, so you're going to invite Forrest to that really scary movie that's showing at 5 today. I'll invite Cassey to the same movie at the same time. Except we're not going to show up. Well, we will, but we'll be hiding from them and watching them. They'll eventually just watch the movie together, and it'll be all scary and Cassey is scared of everything and she'll jump into Forrest's arms and they're gonna kiss and have kids and get married and they're going to live happily ever after."