Chapter Twenty

If you're tagged and don't read this story (even though you should) skip to le author's note at the end.

Dedication to epichorn31 ! Thanks for all your support for this story! Also, check out their story, Gerard Way and the Triwizard Tournament. It's a crossover of Harry Potter and bands, and it's absolutely AMAZING!

I threw my bag down on the ground before sliding onto the cafeteria bench. I immediately folded my arms and put my head down on the table, while still desperately clinging onto my coffee.

"Wow, someone really hates Mondays." Frank snickered. I raised my head to give him a look that said fuck off. So far, Frank, Cassey and I were the only ones who were occupying our table we all sat at before the first bell rang.

"Sorry, I just didn't get much sleep." I went to go take a sip of my coffee, but Cassey went to go grab it.

"Oh my God, is that starbu-"

I cut her off by pulling my coffee cup back. "Take my coffee and I'll take your life."

"Woah, woah," I heard Mikey say from behind me as he placed his hands on my shoulders. "Calm down there, Kris."

He sat next to me as I mumbled a "sorry". He went to go say something, but the bell for first period cut him off.

"Alright, c'mon sleepyhead, we have to go to English now." He took my hand as we stood up.

I whined. "I don't wanna." I tossed my empty cup in the trash as he snickered and pressed a kiss to my cheek. When he realized I didn't react, he let go of my hand and put his arm around my shoulder instead.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked as we began walking through the crowded halls to our first period class.

I shrugged. "My mom's back. She came back last night to get her stuff, she hasn't been staying with us for the past week. She started arguing with my dad all night, and I couldn't get any sleep because they were so loud."

He rubbed my arm. "Hey, it'll be okay. I promise."

I just looked at my shoes. "I just miss it when they actually got along. They were so in love, you know? They were my best friends and now they're just turning on each other and-" I had to stop talking because I felt my throat closing up, and if I talked anymore I was almost positive that I would start sobbing.

We were almost to English when Mikey stopped walking and stood in front of me. "Hey, look at me." I sniffled and raised my chin. He tucked my hair behind my ears before holding my hands. "It will get better soon, I promise. And I'll always be here, whenever you need me. I'll always be there for you." He quickly kissed me and I smiled. "Now c'mon, we're about to be late."

We walked into the classroom just as the late bell rang. Everyone was standing around the edges of the classroom, and I was about to ask what was going on when Mr. Gates spoke.

"Alright, so you guys have seemed distracted during class, and it's because none of you stop talking. So in hopes of doing this, I've decided to put you guys in assigned seats. It really breaks my heart, you would think that juniors in high school could be mature enough to sit where they want. But I guess not. So listen up, when I call your name, go to the seat I'm pointing to."

I moaned as he started calling names. "This sucks. I'm probably not going to be next to you."

Mikey sighed. "I know. But you'll probably be texting me anyways."

I giggled. "Probably."

"Kris Marcello." He said as he pointed to a desk in the first row, right next to the door. I took my seat and drummed my fingers, hoping that Mikey would at least be near me. But I was wrong. He was in the last row, last column, in the farthest seat possible. I groaned. I only had two classes with Mikey, and now I could barely talk to him in one of them. The only other class I had with him was band, and I really couldn't talk to him much during that, either.