My Running Around is Through

Welcome! It's been some time, huh? Sorry it took me so long to finally get the sequel story of The Fierce God Given Life onto here. It won't be the whole story all at once, but I'll be sure to get it onto here faster than I did last time! Please enjoy!
-Jooostan

A Terminian and the Twilight of Danger
Chapter 1: My Running Around is Through

The rift between worlds had finally been cracked. A gate that opened to other eras stood before its creators. Two sinister cackles resonated around the arena. For a good long minute.

"It's finally working!" One of the figures shouted, raising their arms into the air. Their cohort next to them only scoffed, annoyance lining their voice. They slapped their companion upside the head.

"Don't be so foolish. We need to get serious, now!" The other was quite stern. A lot of magic had been used just to open this gateway. They couldn't mess this up after they had gotten so far.

The former was the first to step into the rift, and they found themselves adrift in time and deep within the embers of twilight for a split second until arriving at their desired destination. The barrier of this great palace was no match for the dark magic the figure held, shattering it like glass in just one strike.

They, alongside their companion, captured the first beast they wanted to unleash with ease. The mighty eagle had its legendary power tampered with, rendered almost dead before it was restored on the other side of the portal. The invulnerability it usually possessed was taken down. The creature comprised of thunder was at their mercy.

Soon, their revenge upon this wretched land would be fulfilled, all because of that boy who somehow knew of their plans. It took nearly five years of research, experimentation and magic to make this portal a reality. The kingdom would be brought to its knees.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The little mouse scurried across the floor of the kitchen, searching for food of any kind. Making its way under the counter by the boiling stove, it stopped all movement when it felt huge footsteps. They were distant at first, however they grew more and more powerful each second. All it could see were some brown boots approaching from the entrance.

"Don't worry, Mom, I'll get it." The person spoke up, dashing towards the cupboard above the counter. They opened the cabinet and rummaged around, searching for something.

"Thank you, honey!" A voice replied nervously, unseen to this little mouse that sat on the floor.

While the person was preoccupied, the rodent dashed back to the wall and climbed up the back of the wooden leg and reached the top of the counter. The little animal could now see a beige tunic, belonging to a tall figure, their face still obscured by a pot hanging from a hook on the cupboard. Slowly making its way into view, it gazed upon a blonde teenager.

"Hm? Oh! Hey, little buddy." The 16-year-old directed his attention to the mouse. "You're probably hungry, huh?"

The young man put down the large object he retrieved and reached across the counter to grab a slice of bread. He tore off a small piece and rolled it up into a little ball the size of a large crumb and then presented it to the mouse. Without a second to lose, the animal snatched it up and held the food protectively. The person before it could only chuckle.

Extending his hand, the boy had earned the mouse's trust, and it climbed on. Guiding his hand towards the little hole below the window, he let the mouse return to where it normally resided.

"Feels good to be back, doesn't it?" The young lad said, smiling wide as the mouse disappeared. He put his hands on his hips for a second as he grinned downwards.