Kindly Present It To That Buffoon In There

Again, not much to note here, although I will say that this chapter was one of the more experimental when I was initially writing this. You'll see why. Enjoy!
-Jooostan

A Terminian and the Twilight of Danger
Chapter 3: Kindly Present It To That Buffoon In There

It was the dawn of a new day for Romani Ranch. The oldest sister was still asleep when Romani awoke. She quickly made herself breakfast and prepared to leave for Clock Town. She planned on asking for a set of vacation days so that she could accompany Link to Hyrule.

"Sister..." Romani gently shook Cremia, who only groaned in response. "Romani's going off to Clock Town for work."

"Mmm... alright." Cremia mumbled.

All throughout the walk to town, Romani went over how she'd ask Captain Viscen her request. Overall, she figured she wouldn't have too much of a problem. She had rarely taken any vacation days in the past, only when she was ill, which was surprisingly a rare occurrence for her. Her initial training started when she was thirteen, and she graduated right into the force just a year later. The following years she had been something of a role model for many in Clock Town.

Entering through North Clock Town, her first destination was the Stock Pot Inn, to see Link. It wasn't actually for her own desire, but for the fact he was the one that kept her armor, spear, and such for her.

Romani never liked how poorly the place that housed the guards' materials was set up. It was formerly where Madame Aroma and Kafei lived, before he moved in with Anju and a new home was constructed for the mayor and his wife, right outside of town by the observatory.

The office of Captain Viscen was the final room, the bedroom being split into two areas, the other being for the captain's secretary. Link was actually the one who had helped Mutoh build the very wall that separated them. The very first room that was there was now the armory for all the soldiers, and where Romani kept a few miscellaneous things from her time of being on the force, some from assignments she had been put onto.

Romani arrived at the Inn and immediately went upstairs to Link's room. She knocked and then waited patiently. When he didn't answer at first, she knocked again. It wasn't that early, was it?

"Oh Grasshopper! It's Romani!" It took Link a minute, but he opened the door.

"Hm? Oh, hey..." He drowsily looked at his girlfriend before realizing why she was here. He let her inside and she walked over to the small chest that was on the floor by the bookshelf.

Link made sure to look away as Romani changed from her normal clothes to her guard uniform. Her chainmail rattled a bit as she put it on, and then she put her chest plate over it. She put her metallic boots on next. They were a little uncomfortable, but she had gotten used to them at this point. Then she strapped on her gauntlets and put on her helmet.

"Hey, Grasshopper? Where is my spear?" Romani asked while looking around. It wasn't where it usually was, propped up on the wall next to the chest.

"Huh? Oh, sorry, I accidentally knocked it over last night." Link reached where the spear had fallen, conveniently just out of view behind the table.

"Thank you, Grasshopper." Romani gave Link a peck on the cheek. Her next sentence was followed by a frown. "Now, Romani will see you later."

Link waved his girlfriend goodbye. He was always a little worried when she left for the captain's office. Over time, she had been given a lot of dangerous missions, some where she wasn't even accompanied by any backup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Romani made her way to the mayor's office and scoffed when she noticed the main receptionist was out again. She always thought that woman was lazy. Opening the door opposite of the mayor's, she walked casually through the armory and to the secretary.