The Bombastic Thunderball

Hello again! Here's a few chapters that go together! Hope you like them, they introduce a lot of the main intrigue for this story. Enjoy!
-Jooostan

A Terminian and the Twilight of Danger
Chapter 5: The Bombastic Thunderball

Dusk had finally passed and that was the signal for Link to leave the house to meet Zelda at the bridge. The teen's instilled confidence had waned slightly, all because Jim, Romani and Skull Kid insisted on joining him. They all held their weapons, making the few onlookers who were still wandering around town stare at them with bewilderment.

Although the most uncomfortable detail of their short journey was the fact both Navi and Tatl had elected to stay with Link during the battle. Both ladies hovered through the air in silence, not looking at each other.

Walking down the street, away from the market, the squad approached the princess of Hyrule, who was standing by the Guard House. She was accompanied by a group of five guards, all waiting by the drawbridge.

"Good evening, princess." Link stated obediently as soon as he got to Zelda.

"Hello, Link," Zelda said. She took a look at Romani, Jim, and Skull Kid behind him, noticing their weapons. "I assume your friends are here to assist us?"

Link nodded with a smile. Zelda then grew a smile as well. "Wonderful. Sadly, we were only appointed five soldiers to help us with dealing with the Thunderbird."

"Just great. A terrible burden on this kingdom is only backed up by five measly soldiers..." Tatl grumbled, crossing her arms. Link's only reaction was to roll his eyes.

"Now, we need to form a strategy," Zelda waved her hand to the five across from her, and they marched up to join Link and his cohorts. "From what we have seen of the beast, it attacks with an orb of electricity and can summon a bolt of lightning at will. The way it flies is usually in a wide swooping motion."

"Any kind of weakness?" Jim interjected as soon as Zelda paused. The Hylians thought for a moment.

"It seems to hardly fond of arrows, but they don't seem to truly hurt it. Our own foot soldiers have only been able to strike it with a blade a couple of times, but it appears to be effective." One of the guards told. He had been personally involved with dealing with the lighting beast, and he took great pride in letting Link and his friends know of its vulnerability.

"Arrows... I think if Romani and two of your guards could take places on the turrets of the gate, you can provide some distraction against it while Jim, Skull Kid, your soldiers, and I take it on from the ground." Link said, using his hands to point to the places he wanted Romani and the two to fire from. His strategic mind had been racing, thinking of any and all ways to tackle the Thunderbird.

"Good idea, Grasshopper!" Romani beamed at Link, and he smiled in response. The interaction made Zelda briefly feel something strange, but she brushed off the foreign emotion.

"Alright, let's get started!" Skull Kid chirped, brandishing his staff. Zelda needed to only signal to the guard closest to the drawbridge before a clank thud was heard, and then it slowly began to lower. It'd only be about twenty minutes until they expected their adversary to appear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The scene was actually quite nice. Hardly any clouds in the sky. The chirps of crickets and grasshoppers filled the air as the group walked out in the field. The stars were dotted across the sky just how Link remembered, and the only light other than the moon were the torches lined along the wall of the gate and the faint speck of light coming from the far-away building in Lon Lon Ranch.