Insomnia

Another chapter for yall! I know not many people are reading right now, but I hope that changes at least soon. I'm really proud of this story. Enjoy!
-Jooostan

A Terminian and the Twilight of Danger
Chapter 12: Insomnia

"Unbelievable!" One figure screamed, going through her usual anger routine. They pointed towards the wall and blasted it, more rubble getting sent across the room.

"I knew that big yellow blob wasn't up to snuff." The one above remarked. "The rest of it could be taken down by a pink orb, did we really expect it to be a match for that boy?"

A nerve was touched, and the other looked upwards where her cohort stood. Summoning her broom to her hand, they flew up and landed on the platform right next to her friend. Their face was adorned with a sly smile and her eyes were filled with malice.

"That's the neat thing about it! It was a match for him!" The figure continued, throwing her hands in the air. "It had him and his little friends... right there!"

"Then should we get something sooner? Or wait for that smaller piece to grow?"

The screaming one paused, a terrible idea forming in their mind. They clasped their hands together and hunched over, giggling softly. The one next to her just gave a bewildering stare.

"What? What are you planning now?" She asked.

"Perhaps if he was a little more... afraid." The hunched one hissed, rubbing her old, boney hands against the other. "It's perfect!"

"I... don't follow." The other said in an annoyed tone, crossing their arms.

"He seems to have a fear of spiders... and you know where we came across a horde of spiders, correct?" The hunched figure smiled devilishly.

Her cohort grew the same smile. Now they were on the same page. The portal wouldn't even need the extra power to hop realities. They just needed time. A twin laugh started to echo through the room, bouncing through the halls of the open doorway. Turning around, one of them cast a spell, opening the next portal.

"To the future..." She said, eyes narrowing. They'd be able to get the next subject here much faster and catch their opponent off guard.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link awoke with a long yawn. Daylight was just starting to peer over the distant mountains, flooding the sky. The teenager was still greatly tired, but his eyes were no longer bloodshot. The hero in green looked around, surprised to be surrounded by his friends. All were snoring lightly, enjoying the peace and quiet of Hyrule Field. Link decided to lower his head and go back to sleep.

Lying in the grass, Link sighed and got comfortable. Minutes passed with nothing more and the sound of crickets chirping in the air. He was at peace. His mind wandered to his friends, Romani, Jim, Skull Kid, Tatl, Tael, and Navi. They all must be exhausted from the strenuous fight they had hours before. He was glad it was over for now.

Then his eyes shot open. Navi.

Link was never up and running so fast. Skull Kid was leaning on the boy's leg, but his head landed on the grass with a thud, startling him awake.

"Wha-?! What the-?" Skull Kid yelped. He noticed Link running back to town. "Link?"

"Mmmugh... what is it, bud?" Jim asked, his voice groggy.

Skull Kid just pointed to the teen who was sprinting back to town. The leader of the Bomber's just shrugged and laid back down on the grass, tired. The imp, however, kept watching as the boy disappeared from view.