Seige

Don't worry, this finale won't just be one chapter! I won't keep you waiting, enjoy!
-Jooostan

A Terminian and the Twilight of Danger
Chapter 25: Siege

The early morning was met with the chirps of birds. As one landed in the grass to peck for insects, it quickly flew away when it sensed something large. A low rumble made the ground shake. Loose dirt and pebbles rattled as the source grew closer and closer.

Epona, flanked by a horde of Gorons, all curled up, raced through the field and towards the desert. Atop of the fine horse was Link, Romani, and Jim, with three fairies orbiting their heads. For most of the trip, the riders kept silent, all thinking about their destination.

Following close behind Epona were another three horses. Emblazoned in royal armor, these steeds helped six royal guards and a special trio of Gerudo also make the trip. Getting their assistance was a little difficult, but it was worth the trouble. The hero wanted to help the Gerudo get justice for their terrible dreams courtesy of Bellum.

One of the white stallions caught up with Epona. Link turned to face the riders. Flavi, Ante, and Kyojin.

"Hey Link! You sure we're going to the right place?!" Ante asked, still a little nervous to be returning to Gerudo Valley after all this time.

"Sure of it!" Link said, staying focused. The Gerudo trio gulped simultaneously and looked back to their horse.

Epona, along with the Gorons, slowed down once they came into view of Gerudo Fortress. Uncurling, Link the Goron approached the loyal steed and looked to her riders.

"So, just beyond the Haunted Wasteland?" Link the Goron shouted.

"Yep! Don't worry, you won't sink in the sands, I promise." Link knew if the Gorons kept rolling, they'd get past the deep sands no problem. And from the looks on the wasteland beyond the giant wooden gate, there wasn't even a sandstorm to impede them.

After a quick talk to the gatekeeper, the group were permitted to pass. Dismounting from their horses, they were beckoned away to go into the care of the Gerudo. Link trusted them with Epona.

"The rest of the trip is on foot. The Gorons will need to take the lead and keep going fast to avoid the sand." As the large group entered the Haunted Wasteland, Link pointed to the first pit of quicksand. The Gorons rolled through with ease and waited for the others to trudge past.

"Psst, hey Romani!" Jim leaned over to the ranch woman.

"Hm?" Romani faced Jim.

"You think if you set your arrows in fire that they'll be able to blow up bombs in mid-air?" Jim reached into his bomb bag and pulled one out. The fuse wasn't lit, thank goodness, but just having one out before the Bomber had to just made the Clock Town guard weary.

"R-Romani thinks so. Just be careful!" Romani held out a finger and gestured for Jim to put the explosive back. Looking glum, the leader of the secret society of justice placed the bomb back into the bag.

"I see it!" Kyojin called out. She was a bit ahead of the rest, and she was the first one to spot the landmark that told them they were close to the Spirit Temple. The two sets of poles just after that mysterious structure. Everyone grew tense as they passed the makeshift marker and came into view of the edge of the vast desert.

Squinting his eyes, Link kept on a look out for the gargantuan statue that stood out from the rest of the rocks. The Desert Colossus. When he finally saw it, his heart skipped a beat.

Everyone paused once they saw it too. At the crest of the dunes, they could see the Spirit Temple in the distance. Jim and the Goron named Bladon approached the hero in green.