For Wherever Love Takes Me

Don't worry, this ain't the last chapter! We have one epilogue! Enjoy!
-Jooostan

A Terminian and the Twilight of Danger
Chapter 27: For Wherever Love Takes Me

Four Days Later...

Link arose from bed, happy to be greeted by the morning sun. He smiled at the Hylian sun, and slowly withdrew from the covers and stood from his bed. He carefully placed his leg down and started to limp his way out of his room. It was a little difficult, but he didn't mind. Today was a very special day.

Link got down the stairs easily this time around. The first day dealing with his broken leg was the worst. Having to scoot his way up and down the stairs, needing to stay in bed, the usual. But today was the day he turned 17, and he was eager to spend it with his loved ones, even if he wasn't in Termina for it.

"Link! Sweetie, what are you doing out of bed so early?" Anju was by the stove, frying eggs and pork that was meant to be a surprise birthday breakfast for her son.

"I just wanted to help out." Link said, thinking he was alright. "Just because of my leg and my birthday, doesn't mean I'm not going to be helpful today."

Anju chuckled at Link's suggestion, but remained concerned. She frowned at the prospect of her son, still injured, working on his birthday. But she aimed to stay positive. After all, things were better now that everything had calmed down. It wasn't long before Romani woke up, as she usually did.

"Grasshopper! What are you doing out of bed?" Romani swung around the kitchen and sat herself right in front of Link, arms crossed. Her frown, always forced, just made the teenager smile.

"Just thought I'd hang out. My leg is feeling better." Link smirked and slowly stood from his seat, plopping himself right next to Romani on the table. The couple stared at each other lovingly.

"Hey! What did Kafei say about sitting on the table?" Anju's rare stern voice came out and the two teens blushed profusely. They looked down as they scooted off the table and back into their chairs.

"S-Sorry mom..." Link said, a little embarrassed with himself. Even though it was his birthday, it was no excuse to be inappropriate.

For all the while breakfast was being prepared, the two teens gazed at each other's eyes, thinking about what they may be able to do today. Now that everything had calmed down, a wave of freshness washed over the land.

"Romani, could you go and wake up Jim?" Anju asked the ranch girl, forcing her out of her daydream about her boyfriend.

"Alright!" Romani said happily, sliding off her chair and standing up, walking towards the stairs. She disappeared up the staircase and soon returned with another pair of feet behind her.

"Hey Link!" Jim dashed over to his friend, giving him a hug.

"Hey Jim." Link smiled as Jim sat down beside him and Romani sat back down in her seat. The three friends looked at one another with happiness, and soon, Anju plated their breakfast and served it to them, setting down her own plate and going upstairs to fetch her husband.

"So, what do you have planned, pal?" Jim stuffed his mouth with the fluffy eggs and spoke sloppily, making Link and Romani giggle at his lack of manners.

"Well, I'm not sure..." Link pondered for a moment, setting his fork down. All the things he could do would be fun, but a part of him just wanted to rest more. "Maybe relax, go into town and hang out."

Jim's smile weakened a bit, but he didn't want to complain. Link's leg was still healing, no matter how many potions he had. He was a little disappointed with his friend's overly casual attitude towards his special day, so he thought perhaps he could go out and get him something.