The Foreign Side of Desire

Here is where I introduce yet another villain! Hope you like it! Enjoy!
-Jooostan

A Terminian and the Twilight of Danger
Chapter 17: The Foreign Side of Desire

The morning sun beamed down on the wooden surface of the table as it rattled again. Link had slammed his fists onto the top for the third time, and Flavi was left even more afraid each time he did.

"Come on, Flavi! You have to help us here. Where could she have been taken?" Link did his best to refrain from raising his voice.

"I don't know, Link! Neither I, or Ante or Kyojin, have been outside of town since we got here!" Flavi tried to counter Link's aggressive tone, but she didn't have it in her to match it. The way Link acted almost frightened her.

Link just groaned and stood from his chair. "Look, we know they have to have taken her to the desert, but there's too much of it to just go out and search without a plan! Think! Where could they have gone?!"

Flavi was left without a voice. She didn't think her morning would consist of constant questions and interrogation. All the pressure could make her crack. Ante and Kyojin were of no help either. They were just as nervous as she was.

"How am I supposed to know that! No one has seen Koume or Kotake since the Gerudo king was found out for his deceit! They've become recluses!" Flavi tried to defend herself, but Link was growing too frustrated. He just got Romani back from an emotional blockage a few days before, now he had literally lost her.

"Flavi! Please, work with me here!" Link said in a strained voice.

"Hey, Link. I think you need to calm down." Jim put his palm on his friends' shoulder, hoping to get him to stop acting so bizarre. He had no clue where this side of the hero was coming from.

"Link, I don't know if we can help you!" Flavi stared the teen in the eye, and that caused something to snap inside his mind.

Link brought his hand upwards and slapped Flavi across the face. She was knocked from the chair and fell to the floor with a grunt. Then he raised his hand in preparation to do it again.

"Alright, Link! Stop!" Jim and Skull Kid held Link's arm back to keep him from striking Flavi again. Now they truly didn't know who they were with.

Flavi looked up at Link and held her cheek. A large red mark formed, sensitive to the touch. When she tapped it with her finger, she winced as the stinging grew in intensity. She whimpered in fear, and her fellow Gerudo kept as far away from Link as they could.

Link, on the other hand, wore an unimaginable scowl. His arm was overpowered by the imp and the Bomber, and then he finally got a look at what he had done. When he got his arm back, he looked at his hand and then at Flavi. He was horrified.

"I-" Link stuttered. The shame that flooded his soul repeatedly cursed him out for doing that. "I'm so sorry..."

Link took a step forward to help Flavi up, but she quickly scooted away. She got up on her own and refused to meet Link's eyes.

"I- I don't know what came over me..." Link's guilt was contagious, and Jim and Skull Kid looked down. They wished they could have stopped him.

Link slowly sat back down, averting his gaze from everyone in the room. He felt disgraced. "I just... I don't..." He couldn't form any semblance of a sentence.

"I'm just afraid... I don't want them to hurt her..." Link mumbled just loud enough to be heard.

"It's... It's alright..." Flavi tried to console the boy. "I'm sorry that I couldn't help you. I really am. But with everything that's happened since that monster chased us... We can hardly think straight."