𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝

"this is shitty." i muttered under my breath as i glided over the thin sheet of ice, mindlessly completing my routine.

i finally had admitted it. today was shitty. again. and i was sick of it. how long has it been since i've started to feel like this? a week? a month? i couldn't even tell anymore.

doing the same routine over and, over, and over again for a competition that was staring to seem like it didn't even matter was really starting to frustrate me.

figure skating is what makes me happy. being on the ice is what makes me happy. it's the only thing that i'm truly passionate about. all the spinning and twirling and jumping makes me feel like i'm on top of the world, but recently it's just felt.. bland. like i've lost the spark that makes skating magical.

i keep getting this feeling recently, that i'm not doing what i should be doing or that i'm not where i'm supposed to be. i have no fucking idea what that means to be honest, but hey, divine intuition works in mysterious ways.

i landed one last triple lutz before skating off the rink and going to the bench. i wiped the ice off the blades of my skates contemplating whether or not i should jump off a cliff.

i slipped the guards on the blades and took off my leg warmers and skates, practically throwing them into my f/c duffel bag, threw the thing over my shoulder, put in my airpods and left the rink.

my apartment wasn't too far away so i usually walked to and from practice. which is not the best idea because my legs feel limp as hell after every single practice.

"ugh.." i muttered, shuffling around my bag in order to get my keys. once they were in my hand, i unlocked the f/c door and was welcomed to my home sweet home by my baby, my brown and white ragdoll cat, bambi.

"hi, baby." i greeted, picking him up and petting him. he meowed. when he jumped out my arms, i set my duffel bag on the couch. i changed my clothes into something more comfortable, and pulled some of my braids into a claw clip.

i turned on the tv and switched to hulu. i watched a few episodes of (favorite show) before making some ramen, and turning the tv off. it had gotten pretty late, and i was ready to go to bed.

i sat back on the couch and began to eat. bambi hopped on my lap and started making biscuits on my thighs. i winced. "bambi, i love you but that hurts sometimes."

he only meowed. i rolled my eyes.

i looked back for a split moment and back to the tv-

back to the tv that turned on.. by itself.

"what in the flying fuck.."

i picked up the remote and turned it off.

and it turned back on. what. is happening.

even bambi noticed and stopped his biscuit making shift. his soft meow even sounded confused. i turned the tv off. again.

it turned back on.

"somebody gotta be fuckin' with me at this point."

i moved bambi off my lap and unplugged the tv.

after turning to walk away, something pulled be back. something like a rope. i turned around to the tv. it was on again, but it was swirling with all types of alluring colors.

"what the hell.."

now i know my people don't mess with this type of stuff, but hey, i'd be damned if i wasn't curious. and besides, i almost felt drawn to it.

slowly, i made my way over to the tv. the closer i got, the more magical it felt.

...

on second thought..

"yeah, no."

i threw my bag over the shoulder and began to go to my room, but for some reason, i was walking backwards.

that's right. backwards.

the tv was literally pulling me in.

the closer i got to the tv the more scared i got. i tried to hold on the coffee table but it was no use. "no, no, no, no!"

"my food is still on the table!"

bambi watched the entire thing unfold, wide eyed. but he couldn't leave his mama alone so he hopped off his spot on the couch and hurried through the tv just before the magic and the swirling colors left it.

at least the day wasn't as shitty anymore.