𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬

caspian's pov

y/n came back wearing a beige silk shirt, a white corset belt, and cream colored pants. her hair was pulled back into a ponytail of full h/c curls.

she looked beautiful.

y/n joined us at desk, still holding bambi in her arms. "did i miss anything?"

"not at all," i told her. "in fact, you came back just in time."

"so," edmund begun. i turned to him. "if there are no wars to fight, and no one's in trouble.. then why are we here?"

"i was starting to think the same thing." y/n admitted.

"that's a good question." i sighed. "i've been asking myself the same thing."

"so where are we sailing to?" edmund asked, looking down at the map. lucy and y/n did the same.

"before i took back the throne from my uncle, he tried to kill my father's closest friends and most loyal supporters-- the seven lords of telmar."

"damn." i heard y/n mutter. "my bad." she quickly apologized. "involuntary reaction."

"it's alright." i reassured. "they fled to the lone islands. no one's heard from them since."

edmund moved closer to look at the drawings of the lords. "so you think something's happened to them?"

"well, if it has, it's my duty to find out."

lucy moved closer to the map. "well, what's east of the lone islands?" she asked. anything on the map beyond the lone islands were blank. waiting to be explored and charted.

"uncharted waters," drinian, the captain of the ship, started. "things you can barely imagine. tales of sea serpents and worse."

edmund's expression was one of disbelief, but held a hint of amusement. "sea serpents?"

"all right, captain. that's enough of your tall tales." i took a bite of the apple in my hands, watching as the captain left the room and back on deck. lucy's eyes darted to me, sending me a wink before tugging at her brother's arm and leaving the room as well. leaving y/n and i alone together.

it was quiet for a moment. y/n's snicker broke the silence.

"what?" i asked, holding back laughter.

"haven't seen you look that serious in a while."

"there hasn't been a need to be."

y/n hummed, brushing her free hand over the desk's smooth surface. she stayed there, admiring small details around the room, while i found myself admiring her.

i know i already told her once, but i had to tell her again.

"i missed you." i truly did.

y/n looked up at me. she softened, and her lips curled into a smile, the kind that made my heart flutter. she put bambi down and stepped closer until she was mere inches from my face.

she took the opportunity to tap my nose. "i did too." her voice came out as a whisper. "a little too much, i think." she joked.

she got a small laugh out of me. "i could say the same thing."

i look up, and y/n's looking at me with soft eyes. i loved it when she looked at me like that.

"what?" y/n asked me, laughing. then it occurred to me that i had been staring.

"i'm just.." i was struggling to find my words. that was a rare occurrence.

y/n tilted her head and stepped dangerously closer. "..yes?"

she was teasing me.

and i loved it. more than i should've.

so i decided to do the same.

i held her at the waist, and tilted my head to match with hers. her eyes darted away from mine for the slightest moment. my hands slid down to y/n's hips, causing her breath to catch.

"am i not allowed to admire you now?"

"i never said you weren't." y/n whispered.

y/n's pov ♡︎

caspian's sudden surge of confidence was a surprise i wasn't expecting. and i was loving it, despite the fact that our roles were now switched.

he held me with a gentle, but firm grip, ensuring that i wouldn't escape him so easily. the gesture made the butterflies in my stomach flutter.

my hands found the sides of his face, the feeling of his stubble was a mix of rough and soft against my palms.

i felt a slight squeeze at my hips. my breath hitched.

so many things were running through my mind. words couldn't describe how caspian made me feel. especially now.

he was giving me a look. one of those sweet, butterfly-inducing looks. "what?"

caspian smiled, his white teeth practically glowing. he turned his head and kissed my palm. "you are beautiful."

"so i've been told."

caspian pressed a kiss against my jaw. the feeling sent a shiver down my spine. "princess," he practically purred. another kiss was placed against my jaw. "you've gotten rather bold."

"well," i lightly pulled his face away. caspian groaned, but kept his smile. "i have a reason to be now."